CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: CT is doing a 230 mile Walk4Matt

Post by Rizzo »

Have just realised I will not actually be at the game on the 19th September, as that is the day daughter moves into her University accommodation so we'll be moving her stuff over to Worcester :( Am really sad I will miss your ceremonial arrival, Alix!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

That's a real shame :smt010 Hope she doesn't go and become a Warrior.

I'm getting so nervous at the moment I'm really doubting I'll be there on the 19th either. Went for a walk yesterday and was convinced my right knee wasn't right. All in my head I'm sure. Today I am helping Mr Cornish rip our house apart which should use different muscles entirely! Fun.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Knee is fine. Walked 5 miles today in pouring rain checking out my rain gear. All good. Puddle splashed and all fine. But my neck aches from stooping over a lightbox making t shirts for the walk. Apparently there is a marketing term called the jiggle factor. I didn't want any stone left unturned! :smt002

Had an interview with BBC Radio Exeter yesterday. How scary was that! I burbled along and at one point randomly said the word "blister" mid sentence which made no sense at all, and then got the giggles. Thank God it wasn't live. She sweetly said she'd edit it. Probably to saying my name, and then goodbye! Actually I did manage to say some sensible stuff in between.

Met the lovely Matt Cornwell again and the Chiefs community man mountain, who is going to help a bit this end with publicity. The photo will look weird though as I kept gazing up at man mountain disappearing into the clouds instead of looking at the camera which he held down by his waist. I only worked it out on the last shot! All going well this end. And over £1500 now and rising. Thank you SO much everyone. :smt001
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

cornish tigress wrote:Look no further, punters! I have a couple of very nice tickets going, all proceeds to the Matt Hampson Trust.

Caterpillar, Block EL, Row C, seats 0132 and 0133. Rather nice seats, I got in early.

Reason for selling - got a better offer. :smt002
(at least I hope it will be better, I was really quite pleased with these seats!)

Face price is £15 each. Will accept offers. But it's for Matt...
Pm me. (Presume the club wont mind me flogging them for Matt?)

They come from a smoke and pet free home. :smt001
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Thanks for that TB. :smt001

Have just got to have a little lie down having seen my ugly mug on the home page. Great to drum up some more support though. Brilliant, thank you. :smt006
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt003 :smt003

CT

All the best with your Walk4Matt challenge and see you at Welford Road on 19 September.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/13781.php

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Thanks TigerMad! Looking forward to it. Trying to get a get together together (!that does make sense really BJ) to thank everyone who has supported me but it is all a bit fluid at the mo. Pre-match drinkies somewhere though, maybe a place in Blaby someone has suggested and then a 4 mile stroll to the ground if anyone is up for it? I'm not sure what I'm already committed to do though yet.

Set off tomorrow am, but pathetically will still be at my desk each evening for a while as I really wont have got very far! Then parents and I have swapped houses so we can have their house for the next leg through Somerset. Then fab guy in the Cotswolds has donated cottage for a very reasonable fee for the next leg. Everyone loves Matt.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Good luck CT :smt023
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Jacx is in Croatia and so will not be there to cheer you off!

I, however, shall be monitoring every step you take! And will be at WR on 19th!

Good walking!

:smt054
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Alix, have you got any people lined up to join you on the route to walk with you for a bit?

What is the route that you will be taking?

You are very brave and courageous to undertake this epic walk, but I am sure that you will be okay.

Good luck and all the best. See you at Welford Road on 19th September.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Hi, thanks for the info Bill. First day ticked off, hurrah. Am just posting a diary blog thing on

www.alixwood.co.uk/wfm

in a mo. Great day.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Yer just keep putting one foot in front of the other!

All the best Alix!

:smt027

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

CT

Just dropped a line to Leicester Mercury Sportsdesk who seem interested and think its news so they may be in touch.

Good luck on you walk and donation will be made.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

If anyone with facebook could join this group and invite their contacts to join too it should lead to increased awareness of the walk and help Alix reach her fundraising target. :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121952968415