Unveiling Of Legends Wall????

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

britishlions1

Unveiling Of Legends Wall????

Post by britishlions1 »

Have just noticed that they are unveiling the wall in October at a meal. The cost is over £100.
Will they be doing someting free of charge for us fans that cant afford anything like that.
I just feel it would be wrong of they dont do anything for us fans who have season tickets, support club by paying into lottery and have bought brick. Please dont let us down Leicester, do some thing for the fans and get some of the legends there.
kricher192

Re: Unveiling Of Legends Wall????

Post by kricher192 »

Im pretty sure that our deal is that we get to walk past it....

Does seem to be a bit below par :smt017
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Isn't it a WALK? The bricks will be on the floor.
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

the issue is, if they do something with those being unveiled, why would people pay out for the meal???

As a season ticket holder, you get a season ticket (and some other asociated bonuses). You purchase a brick, you get that brick. Likewise you pay x, you get to go to a dinner and get drunk with the legends.

The club is a commercial entity and needs to maximise profits. I'd suggest £100 is quite reasonable in comparison to similar events in the sporting world. The new stand needs to be paid for......
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Whats the problem if u want to see the legends standing there saying i now declare this walk open then pay £100 if you dont go WALK past it and look at your brick.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I thought for that money we were going to cement the legends in the walland every one who paid money ...permanently
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

The greatest Wall was Max Wall. I remember seeing him in cabaret in Derby, starting with "My name is Max Wall, you possibly know my brother, the great Wall of China".

Apologies for digressing from the serious stuff............
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Regarding the club announcement re the Walk; can you put names to all four of the players shown on the photo ? Ta
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

byrontiger wrote:Regarding the club announcement re the Walk; can you put names to all four of the players shown on the photo ? Ta
From the front going clockwise Paul Dodge, Les Cusworth, Clive Woodward, and I think a young Steve Johnson, although I'm not sure about the last one
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

MJ Chairman wrote:
byrontiger wrote:Regarding the club announcement re the Walk; can you put names to all four of the players shown on the photo ? Ta
From the front going clockwise Paul Dodge, Les Cusworth, Clive Woodward, and I think a young Steve Johnson, although I'm not sure about the last one
I believe it is Steve Johnson
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
britishlions1

Post by britishlions1 »

Im very sorry but i thought it was a wall not a walk. My mistake but may thankyou several of you for pointing that out to me.
I understand that if you buy a season ticket you get a ticket etc, im not thick. (but thankyou London Tiger and B.J for pointing out the obvious)
I was just saying that it would be nice if there could be something done without further cost.
I appreciate we are not a charity and the stand costs money, but it would be nice if occassionally our support was acknowledged with an event that did'nt cost more to attend. This is a family club and people who say over £100 is good value for a meal are insulting those supporters currently struggling to show there support with constant cash donations.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

It would not be possible, logistically, for the Club to host a "free" dinner for 14000+ season ticket holders and members.

So it differentiates. It sells tickets.

The ground is open normal hours for all to visit, members, season tickets holders or not.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
London Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by London Tiger »

britishlions1 - I apologise if you felt I was calling you stupid, this was not my intention.

however, at what point do you cut people off? ultimately I will probably go to more Tigers matches than the vast majority of season ticket holders, yet because I cannot always make matches in leicester, I do not purchase a season ticket. I prefer to buy individual match tickets. In some ways, having been up to Newcastle on wet Friday nights after getting in to work early to enable me to get away in time (I live in London), I could argue I support the club more than the 16,000 who turn up to WR and only venture out of Leics for finals. See my point?

As an aside, I understand the open day is a free event where the players will be and activities will be avaliable for kids - sounds like fun and a far more friendly event for the entire family. A-league matches are also free to attend.

I will not be attending as I can't afford it. Good luck to those who have the spare cash, but I will be happy in the knowledge that their hard earned pennies ensure my hard earned pennies are spent following one of the best rugby clubs in the world in one of the better rugby stadiums at a reasonable price.

Rant over.
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Thanks for the info-so it is Clive Woodward, he just looks so young (to be expected I suppose).
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
britishlions1

Post by britishlions1 »

Bill W wrote:It would not be possible, logistically, for the Club to host a "free" dinner for 14000+ season ticket holders and members.

So it differentiates. It sells tickets.

The ground is open normal hours for all to visit, members, season tickets holders or not.
Im not asking for a free dinner, i was just asking for the club to have something free of charge regarding the unveiling of the walk.