New home kit ..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kricher192

Re: New home kit ..

Post by kricher192 »

Somewhere on the sight it said that over half of Welford had already been taken up by season tickets lol....
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

FANTASTIC!

Just what we've been waiting for, a proper Tigers jersey again! :smt026

Thanks, production team.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
JP
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JP »

Gets my vote, quality design, nice to have a proper Tigers shirt again. :smt038

Does anyone know if a playing quality shirt will be sold at some stage??
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

I am very happy with the new kit, but it says on the article that the fans forum users were consulted? I do not remember any of that.

I also reckon that this design will be so succcessful that every other club will copy us and the premiership will have a distinct retro look. Shirt sales will definatly help cover our investment in a new stadium, but I have a feeling that next season shirt sales will not compare to this seasons.
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timbo15 »

I think this shirt will be very popular, I'm certainly getting one. Just what we have all been waiting for, back to the 'old school'.

http://www.rugbyrelics.com/images/aaaaa ... b-97-8.JPG

Almost exactly the same as this shirt accept with a darker green.

With more red on the shirt and green shorts this is a very dark kit compared with previous seasons. Personally i like a dark home kit.
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

Humbo wrote:I am very happy with the new kit, but it says on the article that the fans forum users were consulted? I do not remember any of that.
I thought the same. However, I suspect they assembled a 'forum' (not necessarily online) of fans for private market research with suitable non-disclosure agreements. Some may be posters on here but not necessarily.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

good kit should stop the arguments about away shirts that we had at the gp final this year :smt003
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Definitely a blast from the past. Shies away from all the modern stylised shirts. I was anticipating green with a red and white tiger head across the body.

But this will be a big hit with long time Tigers fans as it bring back memories of the glory years. (Sign of things to come? :smt003 ).

Im not old enough to recall the old shirts very well, but my granddads vintage shirts always appealed to me. Well done to the design team for bringing it back!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

sjwoodman wrote:
Humbo wrote:I am very happy with the new kit, but it says on the article that the fans forum users were consulted? I do not remember any of that.
I thought the same. However, I suspect they assembled a 'forum' (not necessarily online) of fans for private market research with suitable non-disclosure agreements. Some may be posters on here but not necessarily.

They do not mean this messageboard by the term "fans forum" but the Supporters Forum I believe - information below

http://www.leicestertigers.com/supporte ... _forum.php
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Welford Tigress

Post by Welford Tigress »

The new kit gets a big thumbs up, but our boys would look could in anything. :smt045
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

New kit looks incredible and a must have item before the season kicks off in September. Leicester have done their homework and gone for a retro looking kit and it looks the business. See link below -

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/13669.php

10 out of 10 Leicester Tigers

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
the stig
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by the stig »

totally love the new shirt cant wait for player issue one to come out think its the smartest kit i've seen in a long time well in for getting it right and hurry up and get the player issue ones in stock so i can order me shirt :smt023
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Nice to see some familiar colours again... Everyone knows the Tigers colours wherever they go, and it seems with so many different designs over the last few years, we were losing club recognition... it is a very good marketing ploy...
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

The last shirt now seems even more odd, like they wanted to experiment with a bit more white and have decided thats not the way to go. Then again i quite liked the home shirt for the last couple of years. Definately seems to have gone back a little more to what the kit used to be like though, which is never a bad thing!

Can i be first to start the new away shirt thread for this time next year?

One point that was raised on the mercury site, why release the shirt so late? Surely unveiling it right at the the beginning of summer (early june, say) would have given people more chance to get hold of it? They have now effectively missed out on 2 months worth of sales, have they not?
#48 FTW :)
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Looks good and I can get my Goldstar shirt out again. So two years time and the new shirt? Three hoops only!