Fixtures Announced

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Fixtures Announced

Post by TigerCam »

Any rumours on the pre-season games other than the Munster game on Aug 28th?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
bathtiger

Post by bathtiger »

Hope to see some of you guys at week 4, May the best team win, just hope its us this year after you knoced us out of HC and play offs :smt010
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

bathtiger wrote:Hope to see some of you guys at week 4, May the best team win, just hope its us this year after you knoced us out of HC and play offs :smt010
Let's hope barfs off field problems are well behind them by then and the rugby is the main business of the day.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jen in the mountains

Post by jen in the mountains »

Great. It is easiest to get to Edgeley hankiecheif from home, and Tigers are playing in early Sept. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TigerCam wrote:Any rumours on the pre-season games other than the Munster game on Aug 28th?
Nottingham have previously announced that they are hosting the Tigers on the weekend of 15th/16th August.

An away fixture on the 22nd/23rd would be a reasonable assumption.
zee

Post by zee »

26th December v sale city are also down as playing Sheffield United. I doubt that they will be moved, Boxing day is traditionally football day. Im guessing we will play 27th.

9th Jan we play Wasps City playing Ipswich at home, Im guessing Sky will move us to the Friday or Sunday for tv as its quite a decent game in the GP so they will stay put on the Saturday.

the away match v London Irish and the away game v Ospreys will be Fridays/Sundays due to the football taking presedence on the Saturday.

the away match v London Irish and the away game v Ospreys will be Fridays/Sundays due to the football taking presedence on the Saturday weirdly it is City who playing their away matches v Reading and Swansea. Good for fans of both clubs to make a weekend of it and watch both fixtures (if you can get city away tickets).

City wont get past the 3rd round of the Cup pretty much guaranteed and even if they do 50% chance theyll be away so I wouldnt worry about that.

This doesnt include HC matches so Im guessing there may be 1 or 2 more clashes, they may swap once for us but 2/3 isnt too bad compared to recent times. It looks like the authorities may have used some common sense . :smt031
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

zee wrote:the away match v London Irish and the away game v Ospreys will be Fridays/Sundays due to the football taking presedence on the Saturday weirdly it is City who playing their away matches v Reading and Swansea. Good for fans of both clubs to make a weekend of it and watch both fixtures (if you can get city away tickets).
Have I missed something? How do you know that the match at Ospreys is on the same weekend as the Swansea v City game?
zee

Post by zee »

I actually read that on another forum and thought id pass it on. Didnt check. I shall investigate. Dont hold me to it. :smt017
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

BJ. wrote:
jen in the mountains wrote:Great. It is easiest to get to Edgeley hankiecheif from home, and Tigers are playing in early Sept. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
That's as maybe but it's a pain in the ass to get away from. It took us nigh on an hour to move 200 yards after the game last season. I for one will not be rushing back to Stockport on a Friday night.
yer best parking on one of the streets somewhere at the bottom of that big hill that leads up to the stadium and then walking up to the ground, preferably by that supermarket which i think is morrisons? by the time you've walked back down to your car it's easier to get out.

jen in the mountains is an awesome forum name, i'm heading out into my back garden now to see if i can hear you yodel..

sept and feb are looking expensive, but if there's a chance of going to the rec when it won't be hammering it down it has to be done.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

There is the now traditional London double header and Barf playing Glaws. can someone explain to me why they can't schedule Tigers to play Saints on opening day in keeping with the rivalry theme of the opening weekend :smt017
A citizen of hope and glory
bathtiger

Post by bathtiger »

BJ. wrote:
bathtiger wrote:Hope to see some of you guys at week 4, May the best team win, just hope its us this year after you knoced us out of HC and play offs :smt010
Looking forward to it, mate. I booked our B&B in Bath for that weekend earlier this afto.
Sure you will have a good time, good pubs, food and atmo. will be in the boater myself so might see you around.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

BJ. wrote:TBH, you could offer to fly me in by personal helicopter and I think I would still say no. It's just somewhere I don't want to go again.
Me too BJ, there were two away games that I went to last year that I won't be repeating this year - Sale and Saracens - truely terrible! I feel sorry for Stockport and Watford fans ..... well maybe not!

But I will be repeating trips to Bath, Gloucester, Saints, Quins, Worcester and Falcons.

The Jury's out on Leeds, Irish and the Pests. It will depend on whether they are on at usual time - Sat 3pm.
Always a Tiger
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Matches that I'm assuming will be affected by international or EPS call-ups:
Tigers v Saints (EPS release)
Gloucester v Tigers (Autumn Internationals)
Leeds v Tigers (6N)
Tigers v Gloucester (EPS release)
Saints v Tigers (6N)
Tigers v Irish (EPS release)
Frustrating that both the home and away fixtures against Saints and Glaws are likely to be impacted.

Available for A-W 'Development' fixtures (weekend of):
7th November (England v Australia)
14th November (England v Argentina)
30th January (pre-6N)
6th February (6N)
13th March (6N)
20th March (6N)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

They have cheerleaders at Leeds.

And it's the one ground I can get to without using up an entire day's output from an oil refinery.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!