Cipriani 'bust-up' in Colorado

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: Cipriani 'bust-up' in Colorado

Post by Rizzo »

importunate wrote:Because the allbacks did so badly with people like Carlos Spencer and Dan Carter, not examples of humility. However I think it's rather silly to compare a forward such as Corry with a flyhalf. I could rather easily counter that Mr Corry had rather alot more to be humble about, and was also a thug who attacked peeople. However they have different playing styles and personalities. For me that is life.

Can people please remember Mr Cipriani is 21 years of age. How many tigers can you say were as celebrated as him at such a young age. Indeed Matt Smith is lauded on these forums as a superstar because he has scored few tries and managed to break into the saxons squad at a similar age.

I was also shocked to read the disgusting and abusive comments about Mr Cipriani's girlfriend. There is no place in rugby for such offensive comments, and I would invite the person who made them to apologise.

Finally, I do remember a certain Mr Healey being much chastised for having to big an ego... What is the difference? It is ok to say he is the 6/7th choise English flyhalf, however that is because the squad are selected by someone with no experience and who would rather play safe with his old mates like Mr Goode. I think what I am trying to say is, if Danny was in a Tigers shirt you would all be praising him as the next Jesus.

I wonder in two years time how many of you will still be saying this. I believe that many of you will either have gone quite on the subject, or claim his "improvement" is down to a better attitude et cetera.

"disgusting and abusive comments"...where? report them to a moderator if you consider them that bad, if they break forum rules they can be edited or removed.

Please will everyone - and that includes newbies like you, importunate - refrain from name-calling - and I include your insult addressed to our club captain in that. I have not edited it out, but any more name calling will result in the thread being removed.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

So sayeth The Rizzo, and it shall be law! :smt023
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
dontlookdown

Post by dontlookdown »

importunate wrote: Indeed Matt Smith is lauded on these forums as a superstar because he has scored few tries and managed to break into the saxons squad at a similar age.

I think what I am trying to say is, if Danny was in a Tigers shirt you would all be praising him as the next Jesus.
Just thought Id point out that Smith has earnt his place through graft. He stayed with us despite not earning a place and fought for it. He ousted Tom Varndell who is a very talented player but possibly didnt work as hard.

This shows that without graft you would never get into a Tigers team (even with DCs *talent*).
7 years so far..
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Importunate

Just one question, if you where 2 points up or down with 5 mins to go against someone like Munster, Leinster, Stade etc who would you want next to you???
Mr Cips or Mr Corry, i know which one i would take, i know which one would give his all!

Its not that he was club captain, just the man he is. Same situation but change Dalliaglio for Mr Corry, same result same choice. Cipriani has no committment or application at this moment, it appears that he thinks he should have everything!!!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Well Austin was funny with it, great with kids, and most importantly his team mates liked him! Cipriani acts like a birk its not just johnson, hes not in the lions and stu lancaster picked the saxons didnt he not jonno.....soooo?
stupidrokchick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stupidrokchick »

I think paparazzi are annoying for a start, but what does Cipriani expect? He's happy to be photographed outside nice expensive places with Kelly Brook, but not outside a sleazy strip club. I'm afraid you can't have it both ways!
Cipriani is immature and arrogant and needs to be taken down a peg or 2. Whenever I have seen him play he hasn't been spectacular. Comapre him to Leigh Halfpenny (Who is only 1 month older than me), Halfpenny works hard on the field and in training and it shows as he was called up for the lions squad! Halfpenny shows manturity and commitment and is a team player and faces the media well, which is hard in Wales with the goldfish bowl culture.
Dizzie Lizzie xXx
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

gooders060981 wrote:... the same can not be said for Cips, the man cares more for the celebrity lifestyle then to actually play rugby.
Only just bothered opening this thread, as the subject title was of little interest to me. However, leaving aside the playing merits of Cipriani (on which the jury is out), I note that a number of posters on here appear to have a much fuller understanding of his psychology than I do. I'm envious that so many know him so well.
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

dailywaffle wrote:
gooders060981 wrote:... the same can not be said for Cips, the man cares more for the celebrity lifestyle then to actually play rugby.
Only just bothered opening this thread, as the subject title was of little interest to me. However, leaving aside the playing merits of Cipriani (on which the jury is out), I note that a number of posters on here appear to have a much fuller understanding of his psychology than I do. I'm envious that so many know him so well.
He is in the paper most days and spoken about almost everyday. The thread is about the fact that he is in the papers and being spoken about, all we are doing is listening.
Geordan Murphy for England
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I do hope he - as a player or otherwise - is not going to get as much coverage on the forum as Dallaglio used to get, surely there aremore interesting things to discuss even in close season?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Gooders, I disagree. The press, certainly the tabloid variety, writes utter garbage that only exists because we get the press that we deserve. Based on this garbage, some people appear to 'know' that Cipriani is more interested in being a celebrity than being a rugby player.

I couldn't give a toss about the circus that appears to follow the man, but posters stating as fact that rugby is not Cipriani's priority are talking nonsense.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

With all due respect DW you don't know that he is committed to rugby more than his life style anymore than those who say he isn't committed.

swings,roundabouts and opinions.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

You don't think that working his socks off to come back from a potentially career ending injury counts as proof of his commitment to rugby? I see.
Easty

Post by Easty »

DW, it wouldn't be the first time someone has done 'what's needed' to keep their job, salary & potential earnings, because effectively thats what we're talking about.

It doesn't actually mean they're committed, they might just be biding time until they can change jobs or in this case, secure a more lucrative promo deal etc etc

I'm not saying that's the case with Cips, I just agree with Hull Fan, none of us really know how committed he is to anything
boon

Post by boon »

dontlookdown wrote:
importunate wrote: Indeed Matt Smith is lauded on these forums as a superstar because he has scored few tries and managed to break into the saxons squad at a similar age.

I think what I am trying to say is, if Danny was in a Tigers shirt you would all be praising him as the next Jesus.
Just thought Id point out that Smith has earnt his place through graft. He stayed with us despite not earning a place and fought for it. He ousted Tom Varndell who is a very talented player but possibly didnt work as hard.

This shows that without graft you would never get into a Tigers team (even with DCs *talent*).
i think smith was also helped by his leicester connections. paul diggin is one example of a player who had an even more succesful season but i suspect plays a bit too far south....

lifted the quote from a poster (barrel) on the saints offy but its make my point -

"GP STATS FOR SMITH V. DIGGER
Last season
Smith played in 20 and scored 4 tries (Tigers)
Digger played in 15 and scored 9 tries (Saints)

All GP games in their career
Smith played in 25 scored 25 points
Digger played in 37 scored 55 points

Mr Jonno please note 3 out of the top 5 GP try scorers this season were 5'9" or under!

These stats prove size is not everything (must remember to tell Mrs Barrel!) as Smith is 6ft 4 and 2 stone more than Digger. Jonno is Sizeist! or he can't do maths!

Maybe we should send a calculator to Twickers!

If Digger played for Tigers he'd probably have half a dozen full caps by now!!!!

Who knows what Jonno will do next - lets see what Chuter can do at 6 ?????"
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.