Signings

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Signings

Post by salcombe bob »

having been away in France for a while is there any news re signings I may have missed. I can't see anything on the Forum.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Signings

Post by Tigerbob »

Apart from :-

Duffy - Hooker - Nottingham
Harris - Prop - Nottingham ?
Anthony Allen - Gloucester
Parling - Falcons
Twelvetrees - Centre/FH - Bedford

We ain't getting any - unless Julien Dupuy and/or Derrick Hougaard up sticks and leave.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

According to Merc we asked for double what Stade offered for Dupuy and they said yes, but then according to midol Whitaker fell through and Dupuy may now have to stay - if he does leave we're going to have to look at a goal kicker, most likely a fly half.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

If Hougaard is fit and playing then the worry over a kicker isn't that great as he is considerabley better than Dupuy in that department. Twelvetrees will offer another option and Mauger's tactical kicking is fairly good as well. We should be able to patch things together until Flood returns. If Dupuy and Hougaard go then we will really desperatley need to sign someone. Is it possible to steal another goal kicking French scrum half? After the rise in stock Dupuy and Kayser have enjoyed after signing for us they should be desperate to pull on a Tigers jersey. Rumours of Ben Youngs training himself up with Burke as well.
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

kornboy130 wrote:if he does leave we're going to have to look at a goal kicker.
Jordan Crane? :smt003

Sorry, couldn't resist...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Give Crane a go at fly half I say, he's got a good kicking boot on him and his handling is pretty good. Plus it will scare the brown stuff out of his opposite number.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Who is this Robbie Harris fellow then? I have seen a few posts on various threads that list him as a new recruit for next season but I've never read anywhere that he is joining us - in fact i've never even seen him linked to Tigers outside of this forum!
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

POSTIGER wrote:Who is this Robbie Harris fellow then? I have seen a few posts on various threads that list him as a new recruit for next season but I've never read anywhere that he is joining us - in fact i've never even seen him linked to Tigers outside of this forum!
He if a 27 year-old South African prop who formerly played with Natal Sharks and last season was with Nottingham. Have not seen any threads linking him to us though.
Always a Tiger
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Robbie Harris is mentioned in
http://tinyurl.com/lpys9m

.... thought I wasn't going mad.

To be fair it is hearsay from Nottingham fans.

We will have to wait and see if it comes to pass, but we could certainly do with another prop with the departure of Bonorino, and he certainly looks the part!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Nottingham supporters 'announced' that he was joining Leicester ages ago, and it was posted on their forum, but there was never anything put out through the club or The Mercury.

The lack of any news when the Duffey signing was announced must put this signing in some doubt.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Re: Robbie Harris

I remember that Ken Fourie was a 'South African prop' who had played in the Currie Cup!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Robbie Harris has signed, and has been signed as a sure-fire 5th choice behind Castro, White, Ayerza and Cole - he's just a squad player essentially.

On the ther hand Jo Duffey is supposed to be the real nuts.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Is Stanko still with us? I've never been able to make my mind up about that fella. I've seen games in which he's been impressive and a few in which he has been awful!
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

kornboy130 wrote:Robbie Harris has signed, and has been signed as a sure-fire 5th choice behind Castro, White, Ayerza and Cole - he's just a squad player essentially.

On the ther hand Jo Duffey is supposed to be the real nuts.
All of which backs up what Nottingham supporters were saying weeks ago.
Given that Harris is a low profile acquisition, why was his name not included in the (Mercury) main squad announcement some weeks back? It seems odd that he was excluded, and he doesn't have the profile to warrant being held back for PR reasons.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

POSTIGER wrote:Is Stanko still with us? I've never been able to make my mind up about that fella. I've seen games in which he's been impressive and a few in which he has been awful!
Yes, and I saw him in Oadby shopping yesterday. :smt001
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother