Italy v England 6 Nations 2010

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tom_Naz the Tiger

Italy v England 6 Nations 2010

Post by Tom_Naz the Tiger »

I know this is a long way off, but I'm looking to get tickets for this game and double it up to be a romantic weekend with my girlfriend seeing as it is on Valentines Day!

Trouble is, I'm only after match tickets but can only find packages through RFU Travel, Gullivers etc

Does anyone know if it is possible to just get match tickets from somewhere, or is it a case of waiting till nearer the time? Obviously I am looking to book flights etc asap
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Italy v England 6 Nations 2010

Post by Goffer3404 »

Book your flights and hotel and then worry about the tickets later. You did use the word "romantic" in your post which could, nearer the time have nothing to do with rugby!
I'm sure you'll get the tickets, get the transport and accommodation first.
"Amore"!!!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

last year tigers had application forms for tickets so can pick them up that way
colincat
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by colincat »

we usually buy ours from a ticket company similar to ticketmaster,italian though and then pick them up from the stadium,last time only cost £20 each,not on sale yet but i willpost when they are,just have to master a little bit of italian but never had any problems.
the other option is to watch on large screen outside the stadium in the beer village,excellent atmosphere.
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Thanks alot for the advice everyone - I think I will book flights etc now and keep an eye on tickets at a later date - colincat if you could post when they are available that would be great!
colincat
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by colincat »

the ticket company have some very strange rules,re:postal addresses outside of rome and they will not post for foreign nationals,the only way is to buy them,they are then made available for collection only from the ticket office at the ground,you will need passport and ref number with you.it is a very small ticket office at the furthest end of the stadium so need to allow plenty of time to collect.
the only problems i am finding this time are flights,bmi are no longer flying from bham and ryannair have pulled theirs at the moment.lufthansa fly from bham just stopover frankfurt or dusseldorf for an hour or two!
we may well not bother with tickets this year and partake of the party atmosphere in supporters village,italians giving away free food and beer last time!
anyway,as soon as tickets show i will let you know,may not be in the next few weeks off to south africa tomorrow!
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Has anyone managed to secure tickets for this game? Now I have booked flights and accomodation, over the past week I have tried to step up my quest for tickets.

I think I have found the Ticketmaster style website talked up earlier in the thread, but tickets are for Italian nationals only, with the collect option disabled for that event page.

I have contacted the ERSC and it seems that we have flogged all our 5500 allocation to hospitality unsurprisingly. Does anyone know of another method of obtaining tickets without paying through the nose from a tout or hospitality ticket??
Minty

Post by Minty »

my GF took me a few years ago to the exact same fixture and we were quiet nervous about not having tickets, but we shouldnt have been there were plenty on offer o nthe day fo the match at the main area where everyone met up Pre match.

We spent a whole day walking around and asking locals trying to find the Stadio Flaminio..... no one knew a thing about the match or the stadium :smt009
eventuially we found it after a long day of walking around !! and it was completely dead, no ticket office, nothing!!

On the day of the match ....... i have never seen so much White & Red in one area !!

a hugely relieved girlfriend & i got tickets in the morning and then walked down the the ground with the masses

a great weekend ..... thank you Sue :smt023
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

BJ. wrote:
colincat wrote:we usually buy ours from a ticket company similar to ticketmaster,italian though and then pick them up from the stadium,last time only cost £20 each,not on sale yet but i will post when they are, just have to master a little bit of italian but never had any problems.
Colin, I'm in a similar position to Tom and am thinking about making the trip. However, I saw this on the Italian site recently http://www.federugby.it/file/28762.pdf

How does this fit in with your previous plans? I'm wondering if they are willing to send the tickets to a Rome hotel?
This is the best way: Federazione Italiana Rugby offers very good travel packages, including hotel near to Stadio Flaminio, tickets, lunches, brunches and many more. Think about it and enjoy your stay in Rome ^^
And you MUST eat Bucatini or Fettuccine all'Amatriciana, the best pasta you can eat in Rome ^^
Don.Reid

Post by Don.Reid »

I have my tickets for the game already in my possesion (Curva Sud) and they were shipped from Italy. Had them a few weeks now.
I just fancy an up and under!
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Getting close to this game now, looking forward to the Rome atmosphere (hopefully will warm up a bit tho!) - has anyone got another method of securing tickets at around face value?? Any suggestions welcome!

Tom
Tom_Naz the Tiger

For those of you still looking for tickets at a decent price - I managed to secure some this week off fleabay but off a genuine rugby fan - after currency exchange it actually worked out cheaper than face value! Last time I checked he had 6 left (I took two), he's advertising them all together but spilt them into a pair for me, might be worth a try?

[link removed]

Sorry if I'm not allowed to link to it, but its not my sale or anyone I know, and they are up for face value.

See you in Rome!

Tom
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Sorry, the Club's instructions are no direct ebay links so I have removed it.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother