Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath

Post by Bill W »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 093596.stm

Are we surprised?

Mind you has a "guilty until proved innocent" ring to it!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Todays (Thursday 11 June) Indy reports:

"Twickenham's disciplinary manager Bruce Reece-Russel launched his inquiry after Bath accused Lipman, Alex Crockett and Andrew Higgins of failing to take drug tests on three occasions following an end-of-season celebration in London. All three players vehemently denied refusing to provide a sample and terminated their contracts on 1 June, immediately before they were due to appear before a Bath disciplinary hearing.

The RFU are investigating the matter before deciding whether the players have a case to answer under Rule 5.12 – conduct prejudicial to the interests of the game.

Reece-Russel had initially planned to reveal his findings on Monday but he has not been able to complete all the interviews required to ensure the investigation is "exhaustive and thorough".

The RFU confirmed yesterday that Reece-Russel's team had reviewed all of the documentation supplied, as requested, by Bath and had spoken with witnesses from the club's management and playing staff.

The process has been delayed because a number of key witness have been away on holiday but the RFU will conduct the outstanding interviews this week. Reece-Russel expects to be in a position to provide an update next Wednesday, 17 June."
Valhalla I am coming!
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I'm not sure I like this in Rugby, this is not something our sport wants accociation with.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

will it be the players bath or both that get hit with punishment?
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Good question, I would assume it would be the players, as it is the club who have tried to address the matter before the RFU got involved
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

kingol22 wrote:will it be the players bath or both that get hit with punishment?
It could be both, either or neither.

Likely it is the small print that will matter most as it could have a bearing on a possible court case brought by the players against the Club.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007