Pre-season friendly

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pre-season friendly

Post by me2 »

The "unconfirmed" game is away vs Cardiff on Friday 21st August (7.30pm kick off) and will be their first game at the new Cardiff City Stadium.

It will be a mini historic double for Tigers as we were also their first (pre-season) opposition when Cardiff Blues were formed as a rugby region back in 2003.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Tiger in Kirby

Munster on the 28th August

Post by Tiger in Kirby »

Looking forward to the pre season friendly......should be a great night, shame the new stand won't be ready....
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I Live 75 mins from Montpellier, and the friendly against them would be nice to see. Can anyone (I have emailed Tigers and Montpellier with no reply) tell me (confirm) the date, time, location, and process for tickets? I have looked at conflicting information. It does seem as the prospect of Tigers' supporters going to matches in France interests neither Tigers nor Montpellier. A "world class" club might adopt a different attitude, but I guess we are still in the aspirational stage, and may well probably be stuck there.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

I phoned today ( 28th ) as I hadn't got my application for the Munster game. That was sorted out but they still couldn't confirm the French games.
V. :smt013 annoying as I will be in France but it sort of helps if you know which part of the Country to aim for on which dates, especially as I am also trying to RV with people from 3 other Countries during the trip,
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:
dailywaffle wrote:Despite the fact that the crowd will be lucky to reach double figures, Myself, my fellow Munster fans, both traveling from Ireland and UK based, the Bakers Arms crowd and lot's of friends we have made on here, will make the most of the evening enjoying the company of the 2 best supported and talented Rugby clubs in the world. :smt038 :drinkers:
I know the new stand won't be ready, and there will be less than full strength sides on show, but I DO think there will be more than 9 spectators at the game! :smt002
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tigers flew from Stansted Airport last night. With Ryan Air!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Whoop di doo, but is there any way of finding out CONFIRMED venues and dates ?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

BarmyBamford wrote:Whoop di doo, but is there any way of finding out CONFIRMED venues and dates ?
Of course. The players know. The Management know.

Ask them. Although, of course, they may tell lies! But why should they?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Found It ! :smt026
Go to saintaffrique.com and there we are large as life and clearly in the challenge vaqueyrans along with Sale Romania Montpellier Albi and Uncle Tom Cobbly.
Someone knew about this match. I shall divert there immediatement over the next 2/3 days,
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

My sister and her family turned up at their hotel in France to find a load of burley men from Leicester getting off the coach. Talked to the players and Cockers who invited them to watch the Tigers train - made my nephews day.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

:smt024
Yes, the Saint Affrique website gives good information, such as who we are playing, where and when. Pity that such information is not available to visitors to Tigers' website.

I guess so few people would even be remotely interested in going to such matches that the Club has no interest in giving information out. No revenue to be gained, either, but some respect lost though, from me.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Slightly off-topic, and covering the same old ground maybe, but I'm getting emails almost daily from the Club about opportunities to part with money - for tickets, open days, merchandise, training courses, etc. Why can't they email me with details about player acquisitions, friendlies, etc?

As many have said here, we are fans who are willing to travel - but we have to know where to and when. It would have been nice of them to email details as soon as they were confirmed so we could make our own arrangements to support our Club.

Gripe over.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

tonights game now mentioned on home page. No mention of the team however! :smt023

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/13692.php
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Suz wrote:tonights game now mentioned on home page. No mention of the team however! :smt023

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/13692.php
The team is on the Mercury website. Jeanjean on the bench but starting line-up as follows:

Team: G Tonks; J Cobden, M Smith, A Allen, W Hurrell; B Twelvetrees, J Grindal; J White, M Davies, M Ayerza, G Parling, L Deacon (capt), C Newby, L Moody, B Pienaar.
Always a Tiger