YOUR HIGHLIGHT OF SEASON

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

YOUR HIGHLIGHT OF SEASON

Post by GT1 »

Mine has to be a long weekend in Treviso. With its wine festival - trips to Venice - meeting players after match - chatting to the Treviso fans - Meyers round of applause etc etc.
Just a note for those moaning about lack of fans in Edinburgh how many fans in Treviso - 3500 fantastic effort, we have some of the most royal fans in Europe if they can get to the matches they will, dont knock the ones who cant make them all!
Thanks TIGERS for a excellent season on & off the pitch.
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: YOUR HIGHLIGHT OF SEASON

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Murrayfield - one of few matches I made it to this year due to Uni, spent a couple of days with Dad, great match with fantastic atmosphere only improvement would have been if we'd won
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Has to be the game at welford road were we lost white and still won or the home games against bath 1st one was the best
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

I have to fall in line with Kingol and GT.

In terms of the most enjoyable occasion our long weekend in Treviso has to take it. Rugby trips to Italy are always special - the arrival of the Tigers is always a big event for the Italians and they welcome us with great friendship and hospitality. The family all went together ( a rare event as the kids have got older now) - I've been hoping to draw Treviso for years and would thoroughly recommend what is a relatively simple trip if we happen to draw them again in future - I'll certainly there.

My choice of greatest performance is also the 14 man game against Sale and my greatest moment of the year was the scrum immediately after Julian White was dismissed - Castro's face was classic. I've kept my recording of the game and I've a feeling it will be watched again a few times over the coming years.
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
JerryGas08

Post by JerryGas08 »

The only Heineken Cup game I missed this eason was Treviso away - but Perpignan - with Carcassonne on the itinery- was good too if a bit pricey thanks to the euro being at its strongest in mid December.

Personal fave performance was Gloucester at home - we never scored a try but battered the life out of them - I said to some Glaws fans behind us during the second half that if it had been boxing the ref would have stopped the fight. And living where i do made it all the sweeter.

Happy to have a break now but will be chomping at the bit by September to be back on the terrace.

Have a great summer all.
Jerry
Crumbie Terrace
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

J Murphy's try that was set up by Ben Youngs, at the Wasps game.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Geordan Murphy's drop goal from the half-way line was magical! Can't remember the game?
Always a Tiger
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

bluntiger wrote:Geordan Murphy's drop goal from the half-way line was magical! Can't remember the game?
Home to Gloucester
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

TigerS2 wrote:
bluntiger wrote:Geordan Murphy's drop goal from the half-way line was magical! Can't remember the game?
Home to Gloucester
at Welford Rd, I mean.
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

That was in the Gloucester game! It was made all the better by the ball wedging itself under the advertising boards!

Its on the ITV highlights;

http://www.itv.com/Sport/RugbyUnion/Mat ... fault.html
#48 FTW :)
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

LessThanSte wrote:That was in the Gloucester game! It was made all the better by the ball wedging itself under the advertising boards!

Its on the ITV highlights;

http://www.itv.com/Sport/RugbyUnion/Mat ... fault.html
I am unable to access the highlights because, according to the site I am not in the UK. :smt017
Am I the only one who has received this comment?
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

TigerS2 wrote:I am unable to access the highlights because, according to the site I am not in the UK.
Am I the only one who has received this comment?
I saw it no problem.
Always a Tiger
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

London Irish at the Madejski was pretty special, particularly Matt Smith's try set up by Alesana Tuilagi. :smt045
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Has to be Dupuy looking left, looking right, piroutteing and realing the defence has run past him, and running through unapposed!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

GT1...I'm with you there...I only managed to get to Bristol, Irish and Gloucester away games...but going to Treviso was the icing on the cake. Ten of us went, Venice on the Friday night, started early in the square at lunchtime on Saturday....bus to the ground...several beers outside some shop that had a fridge with beer in it !! Great game...then meeting the players (Aaron Mauger, I salute you, putting up with me) and getting the match ball signed was the highlight...followed by the best sing song ever ! Never laughed so much...except when my car blew a head gasket on the M25 on the way back....arrived back home at 8pm on the Sunday night. Brilliant weekend.