Bakers Arms trip to Murrayfield

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

nick the dig

Bakers Arms trip to Murrayfield

Post by nick the dig »

What a great trip this was......
briefly...
beer friday night at the bakers, bacon butties on sat morn, beer and banter all the way there, and back. and curry and chips after (but i had to leave and missed that), and a rather good match too.
I can't think of a better trip i have had in many a year
:drinkers:
Thanks Steve for all the work organising it, roll on Paris!!!
i'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Bakers Arms trip to Murrayfield

Post by tigers fan »

I travelled to Murryfield with the Bakers Arms and enjoyed the experience very much.

I was made welcome everyone got on, plenty of entertainment on the bus by Steve, loved the trip and would travel with them again.

I would recommend them to anyone who wanted to travel with them.

I would just like to add my thanks to Steve and a special thanks for sorting out a room mate for me.
I now have a new friend thanks Steve.
Last edited by tigers fan on Sun May 24, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I agree. My first time with Bakers Arms, and I enjoyed it. Many thanks to Steve the Munster Man.
irishjojo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by irishjojo »

Yeah Thanks Steve and Ernie, excellent trip brilliant atmosphere would definately go with them again, i also had three failed attempts to leave the bakers on sun nite was supposed to go at 8.30 and left at 10.00, all i could hear was sure you'll have another one lol me and my wife nearly moved in lol. food was brill, Craic was great, plenty of entertainment on the way.come on Paris :smt026 :smt041
Derryman and proud
Come on Tigers
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Big thanks to Steve and Ernie for a great trip to the HC Final. A lot of effort went in to make it all work smoothly. Looking forward to making the Bakers Arms our 'watering hole' next season when we travel across and stay over. Recommend the Westfield House Hotel in Blaby (5 min walk to the Bakers) for a place you can put your head too.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

It was an enormous pleasure, and well worth the effort, to put together the trip for so many nice people. Since taking on my Tigers season ticket I have made many friends. Organising the trips from the Bakers has not only increased that circle, but also given us a vehicle to generate extra revenue for MHF. :smt023 :smt023
bossie

Post by bossie »

Just want to add my congratulations to Steve and Ernie for organising the Bakers Arms trip to Murrayfield.It was my first trip with them and it was very enjoyable with bacon butties to send us off on our journey and a great atmosphere on board the coach including Steve's new tigers song for which he gave out songsheets for us all to join in! Also enjoyed Steve's song acknowledging tigers win at Thomond park over Munster,very entertaining and very generous as Munster are his team,well done Steve. :smt038
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

I can't take the credit for the Tigers song I sung, that was all the work of Pete Oddy, he also printed out the song sheets. I only sang it as in my experience Tigers fans don't appear to know any songs :smt002 Anyway he donated a tenner to MHF for me being the 1st person to sing it in public. As for the song about Tigers win at Thomond Park, a guy offered me £5 for MHF to sing it over the mic, I replied with 'get a £100 from the rest of the people on the coach and I will'. My lovey assistabt Bianca then raced through the coach and within minutes had collected £140. I couldn't back out then, the rest is history. It has been filmed I believe, and at some point no doubt will end up on youtube. :smt010
TIGER1971

Post by TIGER1971 »

We agree. Our first time with Bakers Arms, and we enjoyed it. Many thanks to Steve
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

Great trip, thanks Steve.....great attempts at getting tigers fans singing, we'll sing on a coach - why not at the actual game????

Just recovered sufficiently tonight after the weekend....long trip on the coach.

Hope to join you again on a few away trips nexct season.

Again thanks. :smt038
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
Beebabe
Tiger Cub

Post by Beebabe »

Ageed!

Yet again a fun filled entertaining tour...Thanks again Ernie and Steve for all your hard work in sorting it out for us all. I know you do a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes that most people dont see. It was a pleasure helping out and a pleasure travelling with you all.

The Tigers song was ace, I am just so grateful you didnt do it naked Steve!! (Lve ya really!!)

And for those of you that I roped in to the winning poker formular, remember its Snap...Win...Split! (Although I did play poker back at the Bakers and lost, badly....where were you guys when I needed you)

Roll on Paris!

TTFN
Beeeeeeeeeeeeee
x
Lve Bee
Tigercastben

Post by Tigercastben »

I still cant talk about the result but wife I and 2 mates all enjoyed the trip. My fiver got the ball rolling for 'the tigers won at thomand park' and yes there is a video in the boucher household of steve's dulset tones!!! :smt002 appearing at a cinema near you!!!!!
Please visit us at http://tigerscast.net
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Thanks for organising Steve.

Great trip. The match was a real disappointment but being on the coach made it a worthwhile trip anyway :)

See you next season for a few jars