Immediate thoughts .......Proud of our boys

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Immediate thoughts .......Proud of our boys

Post by Suz »

Gutted that we lost but leinster deserved the win.

That said our tigers did us proud - they played their hearts and souls out, it just wasn't to be today :smt010

Our season was shakey at xmas, but we have come good towards the end. looking forward to next season already!! :smt023
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Andy W

Immediate thoughts....but proud of our boys

Post by Andy W »

i) What was that last play all about? Tigers had made decent ground into the Leinster half, had plenty of time to think about what to do with the ball...and then....Kayser carries the ball half-heartedly sideways? Was that the best we could come up with? Bizarre.

ii) I think we lost about 7 of our lineouts. Amazing we were still in the game at the end, given that stat. Wasnt great against Irish either, and needs sorting.

iii) I guess body and mind must have been in peices by the end, and no surprise or blame for that, but am not sure how many of the players really believed we could get back in it / go half the length of the pitch.

iv) In recent weeeks we have tended to lose the "kicking game" (and game management), and again that was the case today. I really felt that we missed Mauger and Flood. In a funny way I missed Johne too, as we didn't have much of an edge, other than Hipkiss' brawn.

v) Am totally gutted, but can't say we deserved to win, and the better (fresher?) side on the day just about deserved it. Well done Tigers for giving it your all, but as I had worried, I think it was just a game to far....
cornish_tiger

Re: Proud of our boys

Post by cornish_tiger »

All ways is hard playing v 16
BORN CORNISH
STAY CORNISH
LIVE CORNISH
DIE CORNISH
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Immediate thoughts....

Post by adamv6 »

i) We looked like a team who had played a game too many.

ii) Our kicking game was appalling. Sorry to pinpoint but Vesty should have been kicking into touch alot more that 25yds

iii) The loss of Murphy was absolutely pivitol to the game.

iv) Dupuy's inaffectual tackling game Leinster a simple place to aim at.

v) Rocky Elsom was the stand out player of the game

vi) Hipkiss should be on the Lions tour

Still proud of the guys though ;-)
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Andy W

Re: Proud of our boys

Post by Andy W »

Cornish Tiger, did you feel the Ref had a bad game today then? There was certainly a lot going on in the rucks - hands and all sorts - and some he saw, some he gave, much he missed. Am not sure he was biased though, and that last 3 points was a penalty that Tiger should never have given away (though maybe frustrated by er, "turnovers", in rucks). Bottom line, we didn't do enough to win.
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Thought the ref was very good today actualy.. Still bad luck tigers.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Heartbroken, but proud of our boys - some of them looked dead on their feet in the last quarter.
We missed Jordan and Geordan.
Scott appeared to be throwing up on the pitch at one point?
Mistakes were made, but only 3 points in it at the end - and we fought hard.

Well played Leinster. If we had to lose, I'd far rather it was to you than to someone like Wasps, Bath etc.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
StevoIRL
Tiger Cub

Post by StevoIRL »

It was a tough match but ultimately we lost it in the territory stakes, we couldn't get anywhere near the Leinster 22 and into the red zone. Lineout was terrible but then again Cullen probably knew every single call or idea we had.

Sadly our midfield didn't cut it yet they were better then D'Arcy and BOD. Hipkiss and Erinle had stormers and really deserve aload of praise but 2 bashers at 12 and 13 just doesn't work i feel. Alex was caught out big time in his positioning and i would of liked to see Smith or Murphy come on for him instead.

But hey lets look on the bright side the guys put their hearts and souls out there to the best of their ability, many of those guys have never been in a HC final before they will learn greatly from this experience.

Most importantly a double is nothing anyway the treble will be even sweeter next year :smt002
Rizzo

Re: Immediate thoughts .......Proud of our boys

Post by Rizzo »

When you think back six months or so, when everyone wrote us off, when the coaching situation was confusing to say the least, and we weren't playing well or cohesively.....

we've done pretty darned good, I reckon!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Echo the praise of the team through the season. It's been exciting. Roll on next year :smt006
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Thoughts... I miss Aaron.
Basically, our decision making completely broke down. If anything the two 30 yard miss pass cost us the game - when we had good momentum and just threw away territory, possession and momentum.
A good IC will ease the pressure off the FH, and most people forget the primary role of IC is STRAIGHTEN THE DEFENCE LINE before anything!! Danny is not up for that role but he did keep BOD quiet for a large part of the game.
Leinster kept their head cool for all 80 minute, be confident and be sensible. We shot ourselves in the feet.
Decision making!! An integral part of the game no one seems to talk about.
Lastly, well done to all our boys for a long season. You all deserve some rest for you battered bodies.
Rosalicious
Tiger Cub

Post by Rosalicious »

We are English Champions and Heineken Cup finalists with a large contingent of players with current international recognition. Life ain't too bad.

So long Martin sorry you couldn't sign off with a win.

Roll on next season :smt023
Nikonone

Post by Nikonone »

English Champions, 4 points away from a double. A :censored: good end to the season when you think back to where we were.

Great effort lads. Fantastic effort Cockers and crew. Well done everyone.
Rodderz

Post by Rodderz »

what happened to jordan crane i had to leave for 5 mins as he was limping
milky
Tiger Cub

Post by milky »

don't know what happened to the support, we were absolutely outnumbered in Murrayfield. Our roars as Tigers slightly compensated but seriously.... at least 1 tiger to every 10 leinster fans!!!