There's a Wasp in my Heineken!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jess
Super User
Super User

Re: There's a Wasp in my Heineken!

Post by Jess »

TigrisLeicesteris wrote:Saints by name, not necessarily by nature after that match :smt002

But I'm in pure Heaven now the Wasps didn't make it :smt003
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

And to be honest i thought we were fairly saintly compared to bourgoin. Although that's not really saying much
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Jess wrote: And to be honest i thought we were fairly saintly compared to bourgoin. Although that's not really saying much
Thought ref did well to contain it.

Well done!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I wonder if the Bourgoin No.6 will be cited for that whopper he threw at Best.

I actually thought it was the french side who were the thugs tonight and not Saints. Even Dylan was a good boy compared to Bourgoin.
Rosalicious
Tiger Cub

Post by Rosalicious »

There is a god. W-w-w-w sorry I can hardly bring myself to say it - wasps humiliation continues :smt003
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

g wrote:I wonder if the Bourgoin No.6 will be cited for that whopper he threw at Best.
Was he not red carded? That is automatic disciplinary.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

:smt023 :smt059 All thanks to those Angels with dirty faces and legs and arms, and green jerseys :smt002
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Bye, bye, waspies,
Bye, bye, wasps,
Bye, bye, waspies,
You're in the challenge cup, oi,

Shaun Edwards - inside I'm smiling. Love it!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Bill, the No 6 was the captain he was the one who hammered Best that was when Best and Parra was sin binned in the 1st half. Replay showed that 6 lamped Best and the ensueing scuffle saw these two sin binned.

The on who was sent off was for a different offence which happened in the 2nd half.
Hugonaut
Tiger Cub

Post by Hugonaut »

Besty is a very, very tough nut, even for an Ulsterman. Not sure how many of you would have seen his performances for Ireland vs the All Blacks down in NZ in two very tight tests in summer 2006, but on his day he is an absolute demon.

Didn't see the final, although can't pretend I'm dissatisfied that Wasps are denied a HEC place: used to have huge respect for several of their players [Ibanez, Dowd, LBND] but really struggle with the likes of Cipriani and Sackey.

Heard that the Munster ref Clancy was appalling: "The fight came out of mutual frustration as Bourgoin were unhappy with George Clancy's refereeing of the scrum, which negated their clear advantage." [Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/ma ... lenge-cup1 ]

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I think he's a long way below the required standard. Little bit worried that the supposed Lions shoe-in tighthead Euan Murray was under such pressure – can somebody who was watching/at the match further enlighten?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Wot no Wasps?

The Heineken Cup without Wasps is like a spacesuit without a phart.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
CloClo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by CloClo »

Bill W wrote:
Tyler wrote:Do you think Kelly will need consoling Bill? :smt056 :smt054 Who's going to volunteer for that arduous task? :smt077

Mind you - she might dump him now he is no longer playing top flight rugby!!!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

I thought she already had, or virtually anyway. She went on holiday in March, and whilst in LA he moved out of her flat and went back to his mum. Sources claim that he wants to concentrate on rugby for a while. It's also been reported that since she returned, they haven't spent much time together.

Then again, I'm not convinced that the magazines I read at the time are completly reliable.
SSDas
Tiger Cub

Post by SSDas »

Does anyone else think this is the end of the road for the Wasps dynasty?

With so many of their squad leaving to France, a terrible season last year and no Heineken cup this year, I have my doubts whether they'll be able to perform anywhere near how they have done over the past 6 years. I guess it may be a bit early to predict their downfall and I don't think they'll finish outside the top 8 regularly, but I suspect they'll be firmly in the 'good-to-average' Premiership sides for a while.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Hugonaut wrote:Besty is a very, very tough nut, even for an Ulsterman. Not sure how many of you would have seen his performances for Ireland vs the All Blacks down in NZ in two very tight tests in summer 2006, but on his day he is an absolute demon.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I think he's a long way below the required standard. Little bit worried that the supposed Lions shoe-in tighthead Euan Murray was under such pressure – can somebody who was watching/at the match further enlighten?
Agreed on Besty - i thought he did very well to come back on after the sin binning - his eye looked terrible, i'm surprised he could see out of it!

And I think the scrum problems came from the loosehead side as opposed to Murray. And the Bourgoin front row was BEASTY probably one of their only redeeming features
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

:smt024 I went down to watch it and then drove up to Murrayfield for our game straight after.

It was good to see Saints win, and even better that when the fireworks went off at the end after the cup presentation - they were red, green and white!. What was a nice touch tho' was the players came on to the pitch and walked round the edge at the end of the game and shook everyone's hand who was standing there.

The game itself was a good one to watch - although most of the punchy punchy stuff happened on the opposite side of the field to where I was sat. Have to agree about the ref though - he certainly was out of his depth.

I am now 'recuperating'! as we drove straight home after our match yesterday - with one or two 'stay awake' stops en route. Eventually got back to Rugby at about 4.00 a.m.

Had a great couple of days though, and would certainly do it all again.............. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
cornish_tiger

Post by cornish_tiger »

:smt034 :smt035
I rather be a tiger than a Wasp,
I rather be a tiger than a Wasp,
I rather be a tiger
i rather be a tiger
I rather be a tiger than a Wasp.

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :supz: