Armitage late tackle attempt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Armitage late tackle attempt

Post by Stuart Kirk »

I have no respect for Armitage as a player, both in the final and the league match early in the season he was involved in a number of late/armless (not harmless) tackles and feining injury, particularly I remember one such incident where he hit Danny Hipkiss with no arms off the ball then lay kicking and screaming, prompting the referee to penalise Leicester for crossing. Similar to his reaction having hit Chuter off the ball on saturday. Too much of a football mentality for me.
Hugonaut
Tiger Cub

Post by Hugonaut »

Stuart Kirk wrote:I remember one such incident where he hit Danny Hipkiss with no arms off the ball then lay kicking and screaming, prompting the referee to penalise Leicester for crossing.
Maybe some tiger-tinted spectacles there! I was watching that game as a neutral and Hipkiss cleaned him out way ahead of the ball in open play.

On the other hand, thought that his foot-first lunge when Crane was scoring his try was dangerous, and potentially could have broken his arm. I don't think that's an exaggeration: he was flying in and Crane's arm was completely extended, could have been very nasty. Bizarrely, it reminded me of the film Escape to Victory where the Allied team have to break their own goalies' arm so that Sly can travel as 'keeper ...
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Hugonaut wrote:
Stuart Kirk wrote:I remember one such incident where he hit Danny Hipkiss with no arms off the ball then lay kicking and screaming, prompting the referee to penalise Leicester for crossing.
Maybe some tiger-tinted spectacles there! I was watching that game as a neutral and Hipkiss cleaned him out way ahead of the ball in open play.
Regarding that incident, I remember thinking Hipkiss wasn't really proximate to the ball and Armitage was just trying his luck.