tigers wages!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

pacificleicesterer
Top Cat
Top Cat

tigers wages!

Post by pacificleicesterer »

I was just wondering if any one knew what the average players gets paid at tigers and how much stars like mauger and flood get paid compared to others.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: tigers wages!

Post by WiggoTiger »

Enough to keep them at the club. Does it matter?? We know we haven't got the capacity to throw money around like the french teams. Players come for trophies aswell as cash, and also to play for the badge as WE ARE THE BEST RUN CLUB IN ENGLAND!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
pacificleicesterer
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by pacificleicesterer »

just intrested. you hear footballers wages every day in the paper and with wilko getting 700,000 at toulon, just wanted to see how we compared.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali
ozzie red
Tiger Cub

Post by ozzie red »

no it does not matter but it is just a lighthearted question which does not require a response like a school teacher scolding a pupil. we are all on here due to fact we all support the tigers but some of us have a life aswell
WiggoTiger wrote:Enough to keep them at the club. Does it matter?? We know we haven't got the capacity to throw money around like the french teams. Players come for trophies aswell as cash, and also to play for the badge as WE ARE THE BEST RUN CLUB IN ENGLAND!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

The average is pretty easy to work out. Leicester spend up to the cap, so broadly speaking the average salary is c. £100,000 pa. Total earnings will be higher, but image rights etc. are separate.

A small number of players are on a salary of more than £200,000 pa, but none are on Nick Evans / Hayman / Latham type wages.

Edit: I should add that the 'typical' salary will be less than the average, due to the distorting effect of a few relatively high earners.
ozzie red
Tiger Cub

Post by ozzie red »

for what these guys put their bodies through each week, the money is a joke compared to what the overpaid prima donna's get in the round ball game. but also it keeps them all grounded and close to the fans. imagine a rugby player with an ego of say Ronaldo, nightmare
ashbash

Post by ashbash »

ozzie red wrote:imagine a rugby player with an ego of say Ronaldo, nightmare
ahem Gavin Henson??

ok maybe not quite but he's the player with the most roundy ball attitude as far as i am concerned. Him and Cipriani, but i put that down to inexperience.
ozzie red
Tiger Cub

Post by ozzie red »

Good call Ashbash, it must be an orange tan and hairspray thing! just imagine sam vesty with a tan and hairspray. could someone mock a picture up? :smt035
ashbash wrote:
ozzie red wrote:imagine a rugby player with an ego of say Ronaldo, nightmare
ahem Gavin Henson??

ok maybe not quite but he's the player with the most roundy ball attitude as far as i am concerned. Him and Cipriani, but i put that down to inexperience.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Why do people have a problem with Gavin Henson?
One Over The Eight
Tiger Cub

Post by One Over The Eight »

For my part my annoyance with the Henson situation is that he has so much potential and has so far shown nothing except for 1 tackle and a kick against England. I personally believe he couldd have been one of the greatest players ever, but will more than likely not achieve it - what a waste!

Back on topic - think that Tigers are bigger draw despite lower wages because of the potential to win things and the facilites and ethic behind the club. No idea what average wages are, but I am glad we try and spread the wages out rather than having one or two over paid stars who potentially get injured and then don't play for a lot of the season. How sick must Perpignan be with Dan the Man?
Oadbylad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Oadbylad »

Read some where 2 years ago av. wage was £61.500
rugfan

Post by rugfan »

Leicester are not the best payers, they use the history of the club, biggest fan base, facilites Etc to attract players, players come to lester to play for the best club, its not all about money
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

dailywaffle wrote:Why do people have a problem with Gavin Henson?
Why do they have a problem with Ronaldo?

Is it not just the British disease that anyone who is well paid because they're good at what they do has to be presumed to be a total d*ckhead?

If Vesty got paid what Ronaldo gets paid, he'd still be Vesty. Same talent, same player, same bloke.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Difficult to know for sure how much individual players earn.
There's certainly a salary cap on the total paid by the club.

However what isn't clear for many of the players how much additional earnings they have from sponsorship & promotional earnings.
I wonder how many of the bigger clubs pay notional salaries within the salary cap yet facilitate individual sponsorship for players.

I doubt Wilko stayed at Newcastle for the salary yet the whole package may have made it worthwhile.

Have some of these sponsorship deals dried up at a lot of English clubs? There certainly seems to be an exodus of English players to France?