The Bakers Arms Trip to Twickenham

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The Bakers Arms Trip to Twickenham

Post by BenWL »

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Steve and everyone responsible for organising the coach on Saturday. We all had a great time, really enjoyed the banter all made better by the victory.

A special thanks to Dusty for putting up with my mate calling him Sterling Moss. It wasn't until about an hour later my mate realised who he'd been talking too. I blame the beer...!

Looking forward to Edinburgh already...!

Cheers. :smt001 :smt001
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
paulnewton54

Re: The Bakers Arms Trip to Twickenham

Post by paulnewton54 »

The last time we went on the Baker's coach my mate got verbally abused by some muppet in a Cowboy hat, all because he had bought two seats for himself and my mate sat on one without knowing.

Very 'clicky' crowd too The Baker's lot, we were not made to feel welcome.

Never again...
littlefeat
Tiger Cub

Post by littlefeat »

Totally agree with you, Ben. Very well organised and made to feel very welcome. Here's to the trip to Edinburgh!
I'm the Tiger cub on the 22 opposite the library
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Went with the Bakers Arms lot to Cardiff for the first time and had a fantastic time, made to feel very welcome. Went to Twicks and going to Edinburgh with them.
Big thanks and well done to Ernie and Steve :smt023
Tigers Forever
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Jumped on the mini bus to and from the Bath League semi final. Cracking bunch of guys.

Very much looking forward to the trip on Saturday :)
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

We are booked on the trip to Edinburgh, first time with them, looking forward to it. Got to get the tinnies in for the trip!

Who is going to be the first to crack a can open in the morning??

Mind you its a long way - dont want to be sitting cross legged for most of the journey :smt018
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Dount it will be me Scouse Tiger. it's gonna be a long old day (I'm leaving home at to get to the Bakers Arms for 6) and I wanna remember as much as possible of my first Heineken Cup Final and first visit to Edinburgh :)
langton85

Post by langton85 »

Remember coming out of the airport at Limerick when we beat Munster a bit back. Stood at the bus stop and the Bakers Arms minibus pulls up and offers lifts to me, little fat jack, some more tigers supporters and a Frenchman who thought he was catching the service bus. A very noisy Irishman gave us the low down on the best bars. I also remember they were instrumental in raising a huge amount of money for Matt Hampson with some returned tickets that were auctioned on the local radio. I haven't had a pint in there since 1981 but they are premier league Tigers as far as I'm concerned.
Tiger in Kirby

Post by Tiger in Kirby »

Had my first trip with them on Saturday to twickenham. Had a great time and made my daughter feel very comfortable as she was the only girl on the bus. Would have loved to have made the trip with them this weekend but can't as they fully booked up. Gutted as have our match tickets and probably won't go now as have no transport.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

langton85 wrote: A very noisy Irishman gave us the low down on the best bars. I also remember they were instrumental in raising a huge amount of money for Matt Hampson with some returned tickets that were auctioned on the local radio. I haven't had a pint in there since 1981 but they are premier league Tigers as far as I'm concerned.
:smt103

'Noisy Irishman'....I'm shocked, can't mean me surely :smt002 :drinkers:...Anyway, did I not put you right on the bars?? :smt023 We actually raised £11,157. £8000 of it raised by raffling 2 Munster Tigers tickets, on the Munster Rugby Supporters Club site.
On the trip back from Twickers last week we had Dusty Hare on the coach we were able to give him over £300 raised on the bus to add to the money he rose doing his walk. Thanks for all the positive feed back, sorry to hear 1 guy had a bad episode; we actually pride ourselves with not being Cliquey.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

We have the Sky cameras in the pub again today from 5.30 onwards, if your popping in make sure you have your colours on. Also the pub has a big day planned for anyone who can't make the trip to Edinburgh itself. Tigers Cocktails, Jugs of ale, :drinkers: good food deals + delightful bar staff :smt002 Plus plenty of screens to watch the game. I've even been able to arrange great weather for the day. :lol:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's all go here at the Bakers Arms. Just Dusty Hare pop in, handed me a Lions Shirt signed by Cozza, Moody, Ben Kay, Geordan, Harry, & Whitey all Lions players. It will take pride of place in the pub along side the rest of all the Rugby memorabilry on the walls. :smt023
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

BJ. wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:It's all go here at the Bakers Arms. Just Dusty Hare pop in, handed me a Lions Shirt signed by Cozza, Moody, Ben Kay, Geordan, Harry, & Whitey all Lions players. It will take pride of place in the pub along side the rest of all the Rugby memorabilry on the walls. :smt023
That's brilliant, Steve. :smt023

Make sure Tom Croft signs it as well.
He has my friend :smt023
Beebabe
Tiger Cub

Post by Beebabe »

BenWL

LOL - you were all very funny, made me smile and laugh, but I thought it was Little ( Older - Dont tell him I said that) Ben that was calling Dusty - Murray Walker!!!!

For me it was my 2nd Trip and you are right once you have been with Ernie/Steves Tours you wont want to go any other way again to the games. They are fantastic guys, and I can't wait to see them all again on Saturday, soooooo excited!!!

Till then take care all

Bee
(AKA - Bianca)
Eye spy with my little eye something begining with A and E!!!