BBC Radio

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

BBC Radio

Post by NaptonTiger »

Anyone else notice that on Radio 4 sports "roundup" at 7:30 this morning there was no mention of the GP Final. There was, however, time to give out some horse racing tips.
Wonder if it's anything to do with Sky's coverage rights.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: BBC Radio

Post by EssexTiger »

Too true!

Even if we won everything in the world BBC would not include us in 'Sports Personality of the Year'!

The tips are important though - ha!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Very little on bbc news on sunday about us winning the GP final.

Far to much football and under water tiddly winks to talk about. :smt045

Although to be far the tiddly winks was very exciting alot of rimming going on (keep it clean, ha ha). :smt005
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

After the Cardiff game there was no mention on R4 sports about probably the best game for a long time (ever?). They did find 5 minutes to interview the Chief Exec of Norwich City on their relegation from Div 2 to Div 3. A bunch of losers are more important than success. No mention after the Guiness semis and no mention of the final before the game.

Like Pam we've complained and like Pam the arrogance of Auntie has shone through with no acknowledgement. All very strange when Prince Harry has/is making a film supporting the bid to host the WC to show the country's passion for the game. But not enough for the major broadcaster to be bothered.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

We had more coverage of Torquay getting back into the 'Premier' League apparently.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
rugfan

Post by rugfan »

Rugby has always come last or not at all as the case may be, evan Sky news dont cover rugby, sometimes it gets about 10 seconds, when tennis , basket ball, horse racing, Etc gets 3/4 mins
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The bias shown by TV stations goes well beyond sport.

ITV wanted to wibble on about "Britain's Got Talent" this morning whilst the BBC have spent the weekend highlighting the Eurovision Song Contest.

I thought Sky did a good job of "bigging up" the GP Final, though I was angry at the final whistle. Even when the commentators were trying to talk about the winning Tigers team, the producer obviously thought it was more important to show pictures of the sad Oirish players weeping and being hugged.

I don't mind a bit of pathos, but for gawd's sake, we won and they lost. Focus on the winners.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

I agree, a total contrast if you happened to watch the Man Utd v Arsenal game. They spent ages on the winners. But again are we surprised.

We are Leicester Tigers, everybody hates us, but we don't care

In the immortal words of Franck Lebeouf, with some artistic license

'I don't care we won the Guinness Premiership'
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

TigrisLeicesteris wrote:I agree, a total contrast if you happened to watch the Man Utd v Arsenal game. They spent ages on the winners. But again are we surprised.

We are Leicester Tigers, everybody hates us, but we don't care

In the immortal words of Franck Lebeouf, with some artistic license

'I don't care we won the Guinness Premiership'

5 Live did a report on it yesterday, but they were talking about how well L.Irish played against Bath, not Quins!?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Never mind, there will probably be something on East Midlands Today's weekend sport roundup tonight. Hopefully not with the inimitable Natalie-I-know-nothing-about-rugby.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well I think they may have to drop the Dead Donkey.

There is speculation that when Wayne & Colleen go on their summer holidays, it is possible that their jet might well pass high over somewhere quite near the East Midlands.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
zee

Post by zee »

but the GP isnt a major sporting event in their eyes, if we couldnt even shift 7,500 tickets how can you expect them to cover us? it appears no-one is really bothered, especially when compared to the massive world of football where even non-league teams can sell tens of thousands of tickets for big games.

I see a story about football is on the front of the mercury today. How supportive.

Its sad, but it is the way they role. :smt017
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I can't believe it - rugby on the R4 sports spot.

Why? Because Saint Jonny is going to France and then, more importantly, The Great Cips isn't going to be picked by England. The reporter rated him as one of the best fly halves in the game and slagged off Vesty, and Goode, ending by saying that they had both played for Leicester, as if that was the worst thing in the world, and hinting that was why Johnno was picking them.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

but is he picking them? Officially I mean, or is it just another media might-be story?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother