CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Post by Tigerbob »

[quote="g"]Don't agree with the poster who said that win was thoroughly deserved. I actually thought we were lucky to win today and thought Irish played the better rugby.
We cannot afford to play that badly next week as Leinster IMO are a better team than LI and they will murder us.
quote]

I have to agree, unfortunately. We looked a very tired team out there in the final, and but for some shocking kicking, and poor decision making of Bob Casey, we would have lost the GP Final for the 4th time in five successive years.

I felt it was going to be another deja vu day for the boys, very reminiscent of all the Wasps finals we'd had at Twickenham in recent years.

But, win we did, if only by a single point! :smt041 Well done boys, but I think it is definitely time for a few fresh legs next week.

I thought the introduction of Lewis Moody, Benjamin Kayser and Matt Smith made a huge difference in the last 20 minutes.

I'm hoping a VERY fired up Alesana Tuilagi, Louis Deacon and hopefully a fully fit Aaron Mauger will make a big difference next week.

I see Leinster had this week off, as they let Dragons hammer them in the Magners.

It's debateable whether having the rest, or going into the HC final with a battle hardened resolve will be the determining factor. Let's hope the rest will not have done Leinster any good whatsoever.

Good luck for next week's game lads. See you in Scotland.
amor99

Post by amor99 »

Thought the game could have gone either way 'till Moody came on.Moody was awesome yesterday,I was at the game, when he came on the game changed. He is easily your best player, hope you can hold on to him.
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

amor99 wrote:Thought the game could have gone either way 'till Moody came on.Moody was awesome yesterday,I was at the game, when he came on the game changed. He is easily your best player, hope you can hold on to him.
Why where is he going?

Our only danger with Mad Dog is the time he spends injured, but when he comes back, he just reminds us how good he is
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

Well done to the boys. Not the best performance they've put out in recent weeks but it matters not. We are the Champions and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait for Edinburgh.
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I thought Irish came with a game plan to disrupt and that made for a very scrappy game and the players looked very jaded. TBH, they have played too much rugby in the last few weeks.

If Croft does go on the Lions tour, he will be completely knackered!
Always a Tiger
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Having just come back from a weekend in England (to see the match of course) I can honestly say from my observations:

Plus:
A packed house, a friendly atmosphere and some good breaks.

Negatives:
A very quiet Tigers section (around where I was, L1, it was almost all Tigers fans, but me and my sister were often the only ones cheering, really depressing), ill-discipline and a horrible kicking game.

Conclusion:
A retarded system which luckily ended up with the team that came top also winning the playoffs, as it should be. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

IsraeliTiger wrote:Having just come back from a weekend in England (to see the match of course) I can honestly say from my observations:

Plus:
A packed house, a friendly atmosphere and some good breaks.

Negatives:
A very quiet Tigers section (around where I was, L1, it was almost all Tigers fans, but me and my sister were often the only ones cheering, really depressing), ill-discipline and a horrible kicking game.

Conclusion:
A retarded system which luckily ended up with the team that came top also winning the playoffs, as it should be. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
Sorry you were amongst the "tartan rug" brigade.

Happily where I and #2 son and girlfriend were flags were waved and voices raised!

And yes, justice was not only done, it was seen to be done!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

Congratulations guys - what a nail biter but so glad we edged it in the end!
Great send off for Cozza and birthday present for Harry! :smt001 :smt113
Now we have to do it all over again next week... fingers crossed!
Rosalicious
Tiger Cub

Post by Rosalicious »

So happy :smt040

Geordan captain and man of the match :smt049 ; no mouthy twonks near us; best seats ever at Twickers (row 18 block L lower east); incredulity-inducing decisions by LI; a right good singsong and disco in the stand after the presentation and chips on the way home. Poifect. Oh, and we are Champions. Again.
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

[quote="IsraeliTiger"].

Negatives:

quote]

Sat in L2 and there was a lot of noise made by the 4 of us and the people around us
Easty

Post by Easty »

Is it just me, or was it / is it all a bit of a strange feeling?

Geordan said it all in his interviews, just won the premiership and the first thing he says "we'll have to play better next week" as have so many on here.

So yes, we all jump around, we all say we're the champions, but we don't really celebrate properly, its all 'one down one to go' & in some ways thats a real shame, especially if we don't win next week. Trying to celebrate being English champions after losing HEC just doesn't work, it didn't last time.

In someways I envy the insects, because most of the time they were only going for one & therefore fully enjoyed it when they won.

Of course, none of this will matter next Sunday as we'll have done the double (again) and can celebrate properly......oh I'm sooo looking forward to Edinburgh
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Easty wrote: In someways I envy the insects,
Ho, ho! Ho, ho ho!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!

ROFLMAO!!!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Easty

Post by Easty »

Sorry Bill, momentary lapse there..........I promise on pain of death, it won't happen again
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Easty wrote:Sorry Bill, momentary lapse there..........I promise on pain of death, it won't happen again
You are forgiven, my son!

Say 25 "Cheating Larrys" in penance!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

[quote]So yes, we all jump around, we all say we're the champions, but we don't really celebrate properly, its all 'one down one to go' & in some ways thats a real shame, especially if we don't win next week. Trying to celebrate being English champions after losing HEC just doesn't work, it didn't last time./quote]

Cockers referred to this in the post match interview and said that the team were going to celebrate the win Saturday night and start preparing for the HC on Monday which I think is the right way to go about it cos you never know when the next trophy is going to come along (Hopefully next Saturday)
A citizen of hope and glory