CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Northenlad

Re: CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Post by Northenlad »

ozzie red wrote:was he on a chariot?
Northenlad wrote:Just got in - what happened to Geordan Murphy after the game? He was virtually carried inside!
NO! He was physically carried as he didn't look like he could walk!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

and did anyone else see the squirrel? at the end of the game, a grey squirrel ran onto the pitch (even though it's an offence!) by the corner flag at the south east end. spotted by smurph, Jordan and Scott.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

CJ wrote:and did anyone else see the squirrel? at the end of the game, a grey squirrel ran onto the pitch (even though it's an offence!) by the corner flag at the south east end. spotted by smurph, Jordan and Scott.
I saw the squirrel too! It looked a very tired a lazy squirrel.

Tense game but on territory and possession we could/perhaps should have won by a greater margin. Mr. Barnes managed the game well to keep it that close.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

not sure the nerves can stand another like that. not great stuff but a win is a win. We need to up our performance or Leinster will walk over us. Much better second half when we started playing the game by our rules and didn't allow LI to dictate the style of play
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Very gritty performance. Immense defence. Vesty, Hipkiss and Erinle held very firm and what a break from Hipkiss! He's quicker than he looks! Erinle carries well again and let no-one through him. Deserves another medal. Geordan, imperious. Pack fronted up, but struggled to dominate as we have been.

A fairly poor performance, but irish missed their chances and we know how to win the tight ones.

MUST IMPROVE FOR NEXT WEEK! Hopefully with Tuilagi, Castro and The Major! (Harsh on Erinle, but we need a better functioning attack.)
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Just got back from the game due to public transport being as good as usual but hey not to worry. We will have to play better than that next week, but it was enough for today and a wins a win so well chuffed :smt023 . I thought G.Murphy was awesome today and thoroughly deserved man of the match. Credit to London Irish front 3 for holding their own against Tigers scrum too, i didnt see that one coming.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Agree with all said - I also think a good point was made in commentary (watched the game on the box) about how we missed Castro in the loose. Whitey as well as know will do damage at the set piece and has upped his loose work immeasurably this season, but i hope we have the Hairy Mammoth (quoting one S. Barnes) back to do the running around bit, then bring JW on to finalise the demolition in the tight next week.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

As I have always said :-

YOU GOTTA GO TO THE BAD UNS IN OREDER TO GET TO THE GUD UNS.

This wasn't a bad un but it certainly wasn't a gud un either - lets hope for better next week or we will be dead in the water.

Thanks to Deano's pre match pep talk about how Tigers would take the Irish scrum apart, I thought this was our worst forward display overall for a long time. For me the key part of the game was not to conceed a try at the end of the 1st half when JC was binned.

Hope Cockers give you all Monday and Tuesday off and you work hard Weds Thursday to get back to the free flowing game we have come to enjoy. Just thought some of you looked a bit tired and rest will do you the world of good.

WELL DONE LADS

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Hehehehehehehehe
Antony D

Post by Antony D »

The two best teams through the year were in the final and the BEST team through the year won it :smt003

Great team effort with some key players out - we deserved it

Fitting end for Cozza litfting the trophy at the end - not a dry eye to be seen :smt005

Friend of mine lives around the corner from the ground and she said after the game there was a lot of noise and I said

THAT'S BECAUSE THE TIGERS ROAR!

:smt040
Antony

I cook with Wine, sometimes I even put it in the food!
Welford Tigress

Post by Welford Tigress »

Well done everyone at Tigers, the right result for a great team.We had some good banter with lots of Irish fans. Thanks to the boys on the slow train home for the sing a long! Some of you were actually quite good!! :smt045
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Apart from the obvious elation that we are champions, the most satisfying thing about yesterday was Shaun Edwards was wrong- 'I think the team that scores first in the second half will go on to win'
Aragon Tiger

Post by Aragon Tiger »

I was sure we are going to win the guinness cup, and..... now in Edimburg, ¡¡¡we will win the heineken cup!!!.

LEICESTER TIGERS THE BEST :smt023 :smt045

¡¡¡¡¡¡CONGRATULTATIONS TIGERS!!!

:smt038 :smt038 :smt039 :smt039 :smt031 :smt031
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

Not a great performance , but it was a great victory .

To eke out a result in such a crucial game , when playing poorly , and getting stuffed by the ref ; shows the true quality of this squad .

I hope the fact that we're battle hardened from 3 consecutive big games , gives us the edge next week against a team who've been "resting" for 2 weeks .
Lancastrian by birth, a Sandgrounder by the grace of God
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Not a classic game but we won and IMO should have won by a bigger margin, especially in the second half.

I was fearful that Hewat would repeat his drop goal at the end of the match and snatch the game away from us, but thankfully it didn't happen.

Plenty to work on for next week though.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
loosenedhead

Post by loosenedhead »

I love the more expansive stuff we've been playing in the second half of the season, but finals are very often won on grit and determination, and the players showed those qualities in spades yesterday.
Next week's game will be about which side copes best with the pressure. It would be lovely to see free flowing attacking rugby from both sides, but, as it's the Heineken Cup final, I'll take a win however it's achieved. Come on Tigers!