Dupuy successor?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ginger Tiger

Dupuy successor?

Post by Ginger Tiger »

Read in the Mercury tonight that Cockers is casting around for a replacement for Dupuy in case he goes. Am I alone in thinking that we have a ready made replacement in Ben Youngs who I think is ready to step up.

If Cockers is looking for anyone, it should be for a number three scrum half as cover - let Youngs & Ellis fight it out for primacy if, as seems likely, Dupuy leaves for Stade.

Alternatively, find Dupuy a tasty local girlfriend! :smt057
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Dupuy successor?

Post by Darc Tiger »

We still need a 3rd SH. Sam Harrison is obviously not ready for the step up yet. With Harry away with England, we cant be left with two pretty much teenage SH's.
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

Ginger Tiger wrote:Read in the Mercury tonight that Cockers is casting around for a replacement for Dupuy in case he goes. Am I alone in thinking that we have a ready made replacement in Ben Youngs who I think is ready to step up.

If Cockers is looking for anyone, it should be for a number three scrum half as cover - let Youngs & Ellis fight it out for primacy if, as seems likely, Dupuy leaves for Stade.

Alternatively, find Dupuy a tasty local girlfriend! :smt057
your spot on ginger tiger, Ben Youngs is ready to step up,age no barrier, i'm more worried that if we dont give Ben the chance, he'll bu**er off to another club to get first team rubgy.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

problem is that harry will have mandatory period of rest after the lions tour which I believe is either 11 or 12 weeks meaning if he plays in the last week of the tour he won't be available for the Tigers until the end of September.If Dupuy leaves that does leave us very short of cover for the start of the season at 9.
Apologies if any of the above is incorrect but that is my understanding of the situation
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I think he will be made to honour his contract. I think the club would let him go if they could find a replacement - but they know they won't at this stage, not anyone of Julien's class anyway.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I f we are going to get someone in Julien's class then we will be without them for the internationals as well, unless we pick someone up from the Tri-Nations..or argentina...
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Let Dupuy go. Never keep an unhappy player - Tigers are a close knit community and the last thing we want is splits occuring between players etc.

Give it 12 months and we will wonder what we were worrying about. I have absolute no doubt Ben Youngs will turn in to a class act and Harry will get his game back on track.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Will S wrote:Let Dupuy go. Never keep an unhappy player - Tigers are a close knit community and the last thing we want is splits occuring between players etc.
A fair comment, but we need four SH's in the squad. Cockers cannot let Dupuy go without first securing the services of a replacement 9, regardless of feelings, personalities etc.
covrich

Post by covrich »

Id like to see Youngs step up, he has got great potential. Within a few seasons could be pushing for the England shirt.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Youngs has loads of potential.

If Dupuy stays then Harry could find himself as 3rd choice.

Please stay Julien
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

POSTIGER wrote:I think he will be made to honour his contract. I think the club would let him go if they could find a replacement - but they know they won't at this stage, not anyone of Julien's class anyway.
I think he will honour his contract, and if we win a big trophy he won't want to leave anyway.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Justin Marshall is only at Saracens until the end of the season, as far as I know. He would be an excellent stop-gap
Although 35 he is still on top for,
gazz_13

Post by gazz_13 »

Dupuy has to go. He has done so well this year but he says that this whole situation is effecting his game on the pitch and always in the back of his mind, could be a risk - See link:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/l ... ticle.html

Ellis and Youngs great scrum halfs and will do so well for Tigers but you do need a 3rd scrum half as Ellis will be with England quite a bit.

Who would want to come to Tigers who prob will never play? Just try bring another young guy up through?
COME ON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Even if Julien stays, it is likely he will get a call up from France, leaving just Ben for the whole of the 6N. Whatever happens, we need cover!
Valhalla I am coming!
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Is there any chance of getting Scott Bemand back from Bath - quality SH!