Tickets for the HC final.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rowbo

Tickets for the HC final.

Post by Rowbo »

Have these gone on tigers sale yet & if so (or when they do) will there be the normal STholder (I am one) priority :smt017 . Extremily worried as apparntley they have sold out and all the other silly rumours......................... :smt022
Please help
RobGale

Re: Tickets for the HC final.

Post by RobGale »

No Tigers sale yet and no annoucement of selling conditions but I would be very surprised it STH don't get at least first priority (and will probably sell them out unfortunately for me :( )
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/13425.php

Tickets are not on sale yet, I'd suspect an announcement would be made and posted on the home page tomorrow. I'd also imagine it would be the usual order of ST holders first, members second and then general public sales.

You can always add your name and request to the sticky thread at the top of the forum where some fans from unsuccessful clubs may offer their unwanted tickets.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Thanks for Rizzo.

LEICESTER TIGERS - WORLD CLASS

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Well, Munster fans are selling their tickets to the Leicester fans - that's how much they begrudge Leinster. :smt013

Maybe check out their forum, if they've got one.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

didnt the club purchase tickets of munster fans a few years ago, and then sell them to our supporters....when we played wasps in the final....and is this likely to happen ahgain if the need be?
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Fair enough, but so much for them supporting their fellow country men and women. Should be selling them to Leinster fans if need be - you think not?

RobGale

Post by RobGale »

To be honest Tiger Eye I do disagree

As long as they go to genuine fans then I think it's fair game either way
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

As you'll see if you read the HC tickets thread at the top of the forum, some of the Munster fans who bought tickets off Tigers fans before are now returning to reciprocate. A very nice gesture I think.

And correct me if I am wrong about this, but aren't Munster and Leinster rivals, similar to - say - Wasps and Leicester? If things had been different and Wasps had knocked us out at a semi, I'd just as soon offer my (theoretical) tickets to a team from Ireland, Wales or wherever as sell to Wasps fans simply because they are English. As long as they go to real rugby fans and honest people, I don't think nationality of the buyer should come into it.
Demelza - another Mother
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Hinckley member wrote:I have been on their forum and they are selling to both Tigers and Leinster fans, the emphasis seems to be on making sure that they go to genuine supporters, as one would expect from Munstermen.
Whatever. You guys obviously fully support Munster here no matter what.
I have had bad and negative experiences with them over the years. (shedman - say no more) Not bringing the race thing into it either Rizzo, but they really despise the Leinster fans - in particular the Dublin ones. I have had in the past, bad experiences with Munster fans and I think there are only a very small handfull whom are nice people (my friend from Limerick in particular) but last Saturday really was the last straw with me, the arrogance during the bulid up in Dublin was a nightmare. I always have the 'craic' with rugby fans from all over the world, I'm a drinker and love a good time, I love the banter and winding each other up - but never had that with the munsters. In saying that I have a great deal of respect for the players and met them a few times, really nice guys - but they're obviously more educated than their fans.

I also think that Leicester fans would be a bit pee'd off if Wasps fans sold tickets to Ulster fans or whomever - when Leicester are through to a final.

Because the issue has been brought up about it in Ireland - then maybe they're now selling to Leinster fans.

I'm not saying anymore on the issue, I'll just be shot down again.

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

No one is shooting you down, Tiger Eye, you're as entitled to say what you feel here as anyone else. I don't know any of the rivalry between the teams but assumed that it would be intense, as the similar rivalry between certain teams and Tigers here.

I don't know - would the majority of Tigers fans on here be annoyed if Wasps/Bath/Cardiff fans sold their tickets to Ulster or Leinster or whoever instead of to us?
I don't think I would - personally. If folk are selling their tickets, to me it's up to the individual who they sell to, and nationality or patriotic loyalty shouldn't come into it.

I object mildly to people paying silly money for any tickets because it encourages scalpers and touts, but I accept it's their choice and their money if they want to do so.
Demelza - another Mother
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Rizzo wrote:No one is shooting you down, Tiger Eye, you're as entitled to say what you feel here as anyone else. I don't know any of the rivalry between the teams but assumed that it would be intense, as the similar rivalry between certain teams and Tigers here.

I don't know - would the majority of Tigers fans on here be annoyed if Wasps/Bath/Cardiff fans sold their tickets to Ulster or Leinster or whoever instead of to us?
I don't think I would - personally. If folk are selling their tickets, to me it's up to the individual who they sell to, and nationality or patriotic loyalty shouldn't come into it.

I object mildly to people paying silly money for any tickets because it encourages scalpers and touts, but I accept it's their choice and their money if they want to do so.
Good point Rizzo. For me, the point is, Ebay could and should remove ticket sales for sporting events. If not, they should at least make the sellers display ticket numbers. That way, Governing bodies like the ERC and FA etc should be able to find out how the tickets are being diverted away from the fans and compile a sales blacklist. :smt013
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I see that Leicester have been allocated 7500 for the HC Final and Leinster "are pleased to announce" they have 4000 tickets. Murrayfield has a capacity of 67800. So according to the rules of mathematics there should be 56300 tickets going spare somewhere. Any ideas? Or is it that the true rugby fans of each club will be penalised in favour of Tom Dick and Harry from Elsewhere RFC!!!
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Nailsworthstiger wrote:I see that Leicester have been allocated 7500 for the HC Final and Leinster "are pleased to announce" they have 4000 tickets. Murrayfield has a capacity of 67800. So according to the rules of mathematics there should be 56300 tickets going spare somewhere. Any ideas? Or is it that the true rugby fans of each club will be penalised in favour of Tom Dick and Harry from Elsewhere RFC!!!
I see we have another muppet who doesnt read..other posts
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White