anthony allen?!?!?!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigted

anthony allen?!?!?!

Post by bigted »

why havnt the club released anything? is seem like a done deal and glouc isnt playin any more games? would it affect our players?
martin johnson for the knighthood!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: anthony allen?!?!?!

Post by G.K »

Hopefully it's because he's not coming!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

barson wrote:Hopefully it's because he's not coming!
I second that!!! :smt023 :smt023

Why would we want a 3rd choice centre from a poor side??? :smt013 :smt013 :smt018 :smt018
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

bigted wrote:why havnt the club released anything? is seem like a done deal and glouc isnt playin any more games? would it affect our players?
The club have got plenty of things to talk about at the moment. Signings will most likely be released once the matches start to run out....... so I'm happy to wait a little longer.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

WiggoTiger wrote:
barson wrote:Hopefully it's because he's not coming!
I second that!!! :smt023 :smt023

Why would we want a 3rd choice centre from a poor side??? :smt013 :smt013 :smt018 :smt018
because evidently you have't seen him play or his undoubted potential.
Coby

Post by Coby »

Seconded Kornboy, he has the potential to be so much more, its a wise move to get away from a club which is holding him back!
Its No7 nature to never give in, give up or settle for second best.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Obviously - that's why after a couple of games for England he was discarded. :smt012
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

barson wrote:Obviously - that's why after a couple of games for England he was discarded. :smt012
Varndell and Crane are rubbish too - neither have contributed much to Tigers really have they? oh...wait a minute.... having just a few England caps means nothing when it comes to having an impact for your club. Allen had a mare in his internationals - 3 years ago when he was still a teenager, if, based on "that time in the past 3 years he had a few bad games in a high pressure situation he wasnt prepared for" is enough to discount him from being a good signing, despite the fact he has proven himself in the topflight in the seasons prior too and since then, you wouldn't be happy with many signings would you?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

:smt015 :smt015
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I for one hope the AA deal is sorted in our favour and the reasons are:-

1. Flood - Will be with England for chunks of the season
2. Mauger - Will need to be played sparingly due to his continuing and increasing injury (hopefully his tactical ability will be used well on the training field)
3. With Hipkiss also likely to be with England that leaves us very very thin for centres...
4. He does have talent and I believe we can develop him as we have Flood this year....
5. He will be desparate to get his career on track.

I think the above speak for themselves....

I think an anouncement will not come until all our interest in competitions is over....
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

barson wrote:Obviously - that's why after a couple of games for England he was discarded. :smt012
Rushed in to the team before he was ready. Played against the All Blacks and was made to look like a teenager who had been rushed in to a team before he was ready.

He does have potential, and is well worth a punt in my book. If it doesn't pay off, so be it, but he's worth a chance because he could be superb.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

westy154 wrote:
Rushed in to the team before he was ready. Played against the All Blacks and was made to look like a teenager who had been rushed in to a team before he was ready.

He does have potential, and is well worth a punt in my book. If it doesn't pay off, so be it, but he's worth a chance because he could be superb.
The only times I've seen him play was England vs All Blacks where in my opinion he had a good game apart from two mistakes, I think an interception and a missed tackle on Carter (and he's not exactly the 1st to have that problem!). I also saw him playing for the U-21's where I marked him down as one to keep an eye on along with Croft, Crane (a leeds player at the time), and Hook (playing for Wales U-21).

He's got potential, will be hungry to prove himself, and will hopefully up his physicality in the tough arena of the average Tigers training session :smt023

He also won't be costing a huge chunk of the salary cap I imagine so if for any reason he doesn't live up to his potential then it's not a huge loss. Well worth a roll of the dice in my opinion and can have a year or so as understudy to Mauger to get himself settled in and work on his weaknesses and fitness.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Not been great lately - a move to Tigers should do him the world of good. We need a bit of depth in the backs with the imminent departures.

I often wonder if Johnny Wilkinson would have had a longer more injury free England career if he had played behind powerful Tigers packs???
Tigers - true Champions!
sunbeamer

Post by sunbeamer »

smalldell wrote:I for one hope the AA deal is sorted in our favour and the reasons are:-

1. Flood - Will be with England for chunks of the season
2. Mauger - Will need to be played sparingly due to his continuing and increasing injury (hopefully his tactical ability will be used well on the training field)
3. With Hipkiss also likely to be with England that leaves us very very thin for centres...
4. He does have talent and I believe we can develop him as we have Flood this year....
5. He will be desparate to get his career on track.

I think the above speak for themselves....

I think an anouncement will not come until all our interest in competitions is over....
I agree Smalldell - playing alongside Mauger, Vesty, Flood and Hipkiss, AA could develop fast and prove to be an excellent signing.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

jack wrote: I often wonder if Johnny Wilkinson would have had a longer more injury free England career if he had played behind powerful Tigers packs???
Something I've often thought myself, he nearly moved to Tigers once but was persuaded to stay at Newcastle. Would he have had better luck and developed in a different way had he joined a better club where he wasn't expected to single handedly win every game and save the club from relegation like he spent a few seasons at the Falcons doing?