Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cardiff v Leicester

Post by Hull Fan »

I'm hoping we go to Edinburgh.

Done all i can i've got all the same clothes ready to wear that i had on for QF ( not that i'm superstitious)

Come on you tigers!!!!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

It will be so close, but Tigers have come so far since the last game at Blues, the performance of the season it is, i'm getting nervous already!!
ashbash

Post by ashbash »

Just checked BBC weather and its looking like it might be quite nice :) :smt004
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I think the team will be as follows:-

1. Ayerza
2. Kayser
3. White
4. Wentzel
5. Kay
6. Croft
7. Woods
8. Crane
9. Ellis
10. Vesty
11. Hamilton
12. Mauger (Capt.)
13. Hipkiss
14. J. Murphy
15. G. Murphy

16. Chuter
17. Castro
18. Newby
19. Moody
20. Dupuy
21. Flood
22. Smith

Ellis is more combative than Dupuy hence gets my vote to start against Phillips. Vesty is just on great form so edges out Flood. Smith can cover wing and centre from the bench.
Obviously if a miracle occurs tomorrow and Tuilagi becomes available he would replace J Murphy but I would leave the bench the same as Smith is more versatile than J Murphy.
What do you think? I reckon that side can do the business in Cardiff!!
Soggypitch
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Soggypitch wrote:I think the team will be as follows:-

Ellis is more combative than Dupuy hence gets my vote to start against Phillips.
Phillips play for Ospreys, not Cardiff. Jason Spice I believe is their 1st choice SH so I would start Dupuy. Rest of selections are spot on.
Always a Tiger
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

jgriffin wrote:Spice was a long term injury last time I heard about three weeks ago.
Jason Spice started against Toulouse in the QF at the beginning of the month and against Glaws two weeks ago. He was rested along with most of the rest of the 1st XV last week against Ulster so I expect him to be fit.
Always a Tiger
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Soggypitch's team:-

1. Ayerza
2. Kayser
3. White
4. Wentzel
5. Kay
6. Croft
7. Woods
8. Crane
9. Ellis
10. Vesty
11. Hamilton
12. Mauger (Capt.)
13. Hipkiss
14. J. Murphy
15. G. Murphy

16. Chuter
17. Castro
18. Newby
19. Moody
20. Dupuy
21. Flood
22. Smith

I think you have got it about right, although my gut feeling is he will play Moody from the start and tell him to go hell for leather for 50 - 60 minutes. As you say Mauger in, might keep GM as captain just incase Mauger breaks down and the big call at 10....well who know's, but if you start with Vesty do you go for Dupuy for kicking......

And I could go on so I will stop now.....
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Cocker's has got some tough call's to make, not just who starts but who is going on the bench :smt017 And then we could even see Alex back in the frame :smt038 (Not holding my breath on that one though :smt013 )
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

smalldell wrote: .... but if you start with Vesty do you go for Dupuy for kicking....

I'm mystified by people who say Sam is not a competent kicker.

His percentage success rate must be as high if not higher than either Dupuy or Flood this season.

OK he missed a couple against Sarries, but they were tricky kicks, and he absolutely nailed the last kick of the match to win us the game.

So he's not one to fold under pressure.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

jgriffin wrote:
bluntiger wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Spice was a long term injury last time I heard about three weeks ago.
Jason Spice started against Toulouse in the QF at the beginning of the month and against Glaws two weeks ago. He was rested along with most of the rest of the 1st XV last week against Ulster so I expect him to be fit.
Weird because I thought he went off injured at the beginning of the EDF final.
You're right jgriffin, just checked and he broke his arm in the EDF final so can't be in contention.
Always a Tiger
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

I'd start Flood at 10 and Vesty at 12 (although, let's be honest, they swap around so much that the numbers don't really have a meaning). I think Mauger should be one the bench because he hasn't played for a while and Flood and Vesty seems to work well together and as many are fond of saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Mauger can then come on if everything's going wrong in the hope he'll be at the form he was pre-injury. I know Mauger's done some really good things and has in part been responsible for Leicester's form, but you can't have a few weeks off and expect to be the same as before that, especially in such a big game. I'd like to see how he plays off the bench and then start him against Bath if he seems alright. I definitely don't envy Cockerill.

I'd also want to start Ellis so he can wear down the opposition ready for Dupuy to come on when they're relatively tired and aren't watching him closesly enough.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

jgriffin wrote:
bluntiger wrote:
Weird because I thought he went off injured at the beginning of the EDF final.

I thought I'd heard he was out for the game injured. :smt017 :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!