Crisp Bowl stewards attitudes.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Crisp Bowl stewards attitudes.

Post by G.K »

So it's spread to the Crisp Bowl now? Can nothing be done to save our fair game from this soup-crazed Tartan scourge? We need a super hero to take on this challenge.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

barson wrote:So it's spread to the Crisp Bowl now? Can nothing be done to save our fair game from this soup-crazed Tartan scourge? We need a super hero to take on this challenge.
I blame the RFU.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

We went on Saturday, & agree that the atmosphere was poor, but with the number of empty seats, it's not totally surprising. I thought that the stewards were great fun to be honest, directing us to the correct stairs & seating area quickly & with good humour.
I spent most of half time & the second half taking the p*** about the stewards lined up on the stair that normally separates the home & away supporters, but then again they had been told by their supervisors to do that. They had also been told that No Supporters would be walking on the area surrounding the pitch at any time either before, during or after the game, so seeing all the fans moving from the south end to sit in the sunshine at half time must have left them in an absolute state!
I did offer to give them a shout if any trouble broke out if they wanted to go and get a cup of tea.
It might make a bit of sense if there were a few of the regular Welford Rd Stewards to explain to the controllers about the difference between rugby and roundball supporters!
Also, what did all those police officers expect to happen, or were they expecting us to behave the same as the supporters on the Friday evening?

Hopefully things might have relaxed a bit by the time we welcome back Bath in a couple of weeks. :smt002
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

BJ. wrote:Kinny, I think you're right. I believe one of them had a Royal Stewart tartan rug whilst the other was brandishing a Black Watch tartan affair. It was bound to end in tears.
Police are seriously worried about our next Walkers based fixture.

With chilling undertones of the Glencoe massacre, the Stewarts offered their rivals some potted beef sandwiches, by way of a piece offering. The Black Watch tucked in like good 'uns, and then realised it wasn't genuine Shippam's potted beef!

Oh my God, a great deal of feeting ensued.

The police quelled the incident by spraying lavender and camomile amongst the rampaging coffin dodgers.

But as one of the offended member of the Black Watch, a Mr P Weller said darkly as he tossed aside an inferior potted beef sarny,

We were no match for their untamed wit,
Though some of the lads said theyll be back next week.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

This could be the end of the world as we know it.

Will the Bath Bun prevail against the Pork Pie?

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

I thought the stewards all did a great job on saturday have not got any complaints
Come on you tigers!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

No trouble with stewards or Stewarts in the South end!

Found the mass exodus at half time very amusing. Like Birmingham City in the 60s. Blues fans would all migrate to the end the Blues were attacking. Surprised it was allowed but they seemed to get the message that rugby fans are a reasonable bunch with no desire to murder, plunder, pillage or even throw unwanted residue soup.

I even left a flask in the car, thinking there might be bag searches and that they would assume that I was a world record standard thrower, coming with the specicic intention of hurling a steel missile onto the pitch.
Tigers - true Champions!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

jack wrote: Like Birmingham City in the 60s. Blues fans would all migrate to the end the Blues were attacking.
A somewhat misguided policy!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!