Any news on Alex's hearing? Yes - 4 week ban!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Any news on Alex's hearing?

Post by Bill W »

WiggoTiger wrote:I think we shouldn't appeal, due to the fact they will raise it if it fails. I feel they want us to try so they can slam another week on. :smt013 :smt013
Lehal nicety here. If we do niot appeal we have not exhasted due process and so cannot complain further.

We should appeal.

And if appeal turned down take the issue further.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Not worried of further consequences then Bill???
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Would like to say I'm suprised but lets face it we all knew there was a strong likelyhood of the citing commissioners taking one look at the incident seeing a Tigers player and banning him until pretty much the end of the season. I mean look at the rubbish we've had to put up with so far this season, 14 week ban for Rabeni who unintentionally made contact with the eye with an 8 week extension for playing in a charity event, Corry 6 week ban for the same despite their being no evidence and no injury to the player and Ellis getting 6 weeks for a dangerous tackle that wasn't even worthy of a yellow card from the ref who was standing next to the incident. Tuilagi deserved at most 2 weeks including the one week suspension given to him by Tigers.

I know what I'd like to do to the citing officials... :smt068 :smt071
BedfordTigger

Post by BedfordTigger »

New to this, so hope it come out ok.

4 weeks seems ridiculously high for an offence which just did not look like a red card!

Don't know if I saw it wrong - but was AT's challenge any worse than Ryan Lamb's in the EDF Final? I have not heard that he has been cited for that...
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I too think we should appeal you can't fight against something from the outside we must use due process, but that doesn't mean we don't check to see if like others have done we are able to play him in GP SF or indeed GP final.

It's disgusting.!!!!
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

WiggoTiger wrote:Not worried of further consequences then Bill???
I welcome further consequences. Such as those that befell Perpignan?

House has to be put in order!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
sunbeamer

Post by sunbeamer »

yes it's bad news but cheer up guys - we still have G. Murphy, J Murphy, S Rabeni, M Smith and S Hamilton fit and eligible to play back three, think positive!

:smt039 :smt039 :smt039
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

sam16111986 wrote:Would like to say I'm suprised but lets face it we all knew there was a strong likelyhood of the citing commissioners taking one look at the incident seeing a Tigers player and banning him until pretty much the end of the season. I mean look at the rubbish we've had to put up with so far this season, 14 week ban for Rabeni who unintentionally made contact with the eye with an 8 week extension for playing in a charity event, Corry 6 week ban for the same despite their being no evidence and no injury to the player and Ellis getting 6 weeks for a dangerous tackle that wasn't even worthy of a yellow card from the ref who was standing next to the incident. Tuilagi deserved at most 2 weeks including the one week suspension given to him by Tigers.

Being Fair here, they were always gonna give 2 weeks, simply because that way he misses a HC game, we couldnt complain about that and I'd accept that. What I can't accept is ruling him out of another semi final and possible final.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Really need to put this behind us, yes appeal but expect the worse. The whole thing stinks and we really need to start palying the citing game.

As for Cardiff it does affect how we approach the game and I can see our wings being Smith and Hamilton now....

As for our other citings this seasons I agree Rabeni was unlucky. The whole Corry incident was disgraceful and proves that Ospreys represent everything that is bad about Rugby.

Lets take it out on Cardiff on and off the pitch.....
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

If we just let this "go" & not fight it where does it stop, We Must & Should appeal.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Lucky for us we have got depth in the squad, but its just the absolute injustice at the length of the ban :smt013 Just so angry at how our players have been treated by this so called citing committe :smt018
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

4 Weeks?

Post by champanzie »

Alex has received 4 weeks for his tackle. starting from today. total shocking decision.
Julien White get 2 weeks for that massive punch and alex get 4 weeks for the tackle.

stupid!!
Come on you tigers!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

sam16111986 wrote:Would like to say I'm suprised but lets face it we all knew there was a strong likelyhood of the citing commissioners taking one look at the incident seeing a Tigers player and banning him until pretty much the end of the season. I mean look at the rubbish we've had to put up with so far this season, 14 week ban for Rabeni who unintentionally made contact with the eye with an 8 week extension for playing in a charity event, Corry 6 week ban for the same despite their being no evidence and no injury to the player and Ellis getting 6 weeks for a dangerous tackle that wasn't even worthy of a yellow card from the ref who was standing next to the incident. Tuilagi deserved at most 2 weeks including the one week suspension given to him by Tigers.

Ditto sam. Harsh punishment if you look at and compare all the other bans this season. A big miss if Leicester do not appeal as Alex gives the team that x-factor in any game.

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 4 Weeks?

Post by Darc Tiger »

Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

sam16111986 wrote:I know what I'd like to do to the citing officials... :smt068 :smt071
And the winner of this year's Most Appropriate Use of Smilies Award is.......

...Sam.

Take a bow. :smt023
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.