Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

SAME OLD GLOUCESTER! ALWAYS CHOKING!

Post by Darc Tiger »

22 minutes gone.

Blues 17-0 Gloucester.

Its not as if Cardiff are particularly playing well, its just Gloucester are AWFUL! Woeful defence, just flapping arms.

Though Cardiff's offloading has been a joy to watch.
Last edited by Darc Tiger on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: SAME OLD GLOUCESTER! ALWAYS CHOKING!

Post by TTRITH »

First Try was magnificent though! :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Both were very nice to look at, but again it was awful defence that sent them on their way in the first place. We cannot be this flimsy in defence and expect to win. Thankfully our defence has been fairly sound recently. Just need to tighten mistakes.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Gloucesters defence has been nothing short of awful to watch. If Allen does come then we will have to teach him the Tigers art of defence.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

chinnjamie wrote:Gloucesters defence has been nothing short of awful to watch. If Allen does come then we will have to teach him the Tigers art of defence.
Which until recently hasnt been much better. Thankfully it has picked up in recent months.

More flimsy tackling on the 5m line and Cardiff have another try! Fine finishing there! Cannot be this flimsy!
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Cardiff are going to be very tough opponents, however i would be suprised and gutted if our defence is anywhere near as bad as Gloucesters. Jonathon Davies and grumpy Guscott in the studio, it doesnt get much worse than that :smt005
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

Cardiff have more or less been superb this half. Gloucester havnt really had chance to do anything (except practice kicking from hand!)

Ive said it for a while now, but i really think Leigh Halfpenny should be on the Lions tour. A touch questionable in defence (which is a surprise given the size of him!) but attacking he's one of the best wingers around at the moment. Given Bowe's bad game last week and Sackeys continuing lack of fitness/talent i dont see much in the way of a choice.

One thing though, a few dodgy decisions. Rolland warned Glos about putting the ball in straight, when they were stood on the 22, and at the reset it still went in wonky. And then, a lineout in gloucesters 22, Williams stepped about a foot in field when he threw the ball. And on that note, what about Gloucester's hooker feigning a throw just before he actually threw it, i thought that was illegal? Still, they lost that lineout so who cares.

First try was a beauty though, even my mum (not a rugby fan) commented about it whilst having a break from the ironing/dusting/hoovering/tea-making. Possibly a forward pass but tough to begrudge them that try!

Outside of Tigers im a Cardiff fan so im happy, but it doesnt bode well for 2 weeks time!
#48 FTW :)
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I take you back to April 2007. Leicester vs Ospreys. Half time 28-9 to Leicester. Final score? 41-35, just about, to Leicester. Cardiff better not count their chickens just yet.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Cardiff doing exactly what they need to now. Territory and slowing it down.

Gloucester don't need need this game of ping pong. But as Gloucester have tightened up, the points have dried up.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Very brave run from Lamb, made a lot of ground. Shame he was let down by his forwards
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

I honestly think Tigers will beat them, were a much better team at the moment than Gloucester and we wont give Cardiff quite as much space, and we will hopefully have a few injuries back by then.
I noticed that the Cardiff fans were singing " bread of heaven" earlier and it made me wonder whether i have ever felt the need to sing an England chant at a Tigers european game such as "Swing low", and i can say i honestly havn't. The reason why being that Tigers is a multi national playered and coached team, and during that game im cheering on my club team and not my national team. Im not saying its wrong by any means for them to do it, and i wouldn't grudge against them for it, im just saying i would never see myself doing it.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

Gloucester have been playing so poor.
They kick everytime they have the ball in hand.
Not breaking the line.

Very poor gloucester
Come on you tigers!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tigers bad defence = Cardiff win
Tigers good defence = Tigers win

As Gloucester's defence has picked up, Cardiff are beginning to show a lack of edge against a more solid defence. They showed it against Toulouse. Against a tougher defence, they struggle to penetrate.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Two tries in as many minutes for Cardiff - poor Gloucester defence letting the ball bounce :smt009
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

36-5 to Blues now, 10 mins to go.