Sarries v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Sarries v Tigers

Post by tigermad »

Leicester return to Guinness Premiership action after their dramtic win against Bath in the Heineken Cup. Never an easy place to get a win but Leicester will be looking for just that. Hopefully some of the injured players will be in the selection mix for this game. Your thoughts please.

LEICESTER TIGERS - ALWAYS

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sarries v Tigers

Post by Daveyboy »

Tricky game. Very tricky.

I have predicted a 7 point win for Tigers on Superbru. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Very tough game, although im actually looking forward to another away game. Hopefully there will be lots of Tigers fans travelling down :smt023
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

We'll be there.
Looking forward to a good game, hopefully we'll be on the front foot for this one. If the forwards are as sharp as they were against Bath it'll give the backs an awesome platform.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I shall be there anticipating a fine Tigers' win, though it won't be easy. there is always the joy of the Watford gyratory system before and after the match to stir the heart.
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

I expect it to be tough, but we've had an 8 day turnaround compared to their 7 not that that should make any difference in the professionalism of these days.

Can't get down to it this year, normally go down as my sisters at uni in hatfield bout 20mins away in the car (or 1.5 hrs on the bus) but the games during the easter hols this year.

Went there for teh ospreys HC QF last year and got to see their mascot the camel riding around the pitch on a hoverboat.

NB the hoverboats where used to clear the snow off the pitch as it had snowed quite badly the night before)
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I think it will be an exceptionally difficult game. Sarries have it all to play for now with there being 7 HC places available.

Cockerill has already confirmed that L. Deacon, Mauger and Flood will not be available for consideration.

I expect something like the following to play:-

1. Ayerzaza
2. Chuter
3. Cole
4. Kay
5. Crane
6. Croft
7. Woods
8. Pienaar
9.Youngs
10. Vesty
11. Hamilton
12. Rabeni
13. Hipkiss (Erinle)
14. J. Murphy
15. G. Murphy

16. Castro
17. Davies
18. Newby
19. Dupry
20. Varndell
21. Erinle\Hurrell
22. Hemingway

I have picked youngs at Scrum half because I believe Ellis and Dupry need a rest. I would put Dupry on the bench because he can kick and is a bit more versatile than Ellis. I have put Crane in the 2nd row, because I believe it is a better option than playing Croft there, who we will need to cover a lot of ground on Sunday....

Tell me what you think....
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I thought Wentzel was now fit, A better choice for 2nd row?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hmm looks like we're struggling for fit players again then, wouldn't be suprised to see Moody sneaking onto the bench and maybe grabbing ten minutes or so, think a player or two will be returning hopefully one of which will be a second row. Dupuy will probabley start with Ellis being rested if Flood and Hougaard are unavailable as Vesty isn't normally that great a kicker (proper Tiger boys always turn it on in the big games). Think smalldell is pretty close but Varndell won't be around as I think he's still off with the England 7s as his exile continues.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Did not know about Varndell being away still....

If Wentzel is fit then yes play him in the 2nd row and Crane at 8....Pienaar on the bench for me then unless he plays 6 and we rest Croft....
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Vesty is not a seasoned fly half. This doesn't mean I wouldn't pick him at 10 for the Sarries game, I would, but I would be tempted to partner him with an experienced scrum half. Whilst I think Youngs is a brilliant talent I would rather see Ellis or Dupuy starting at 9 if going for Vesty at 10.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Sorry typing error...re Ayerza
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

In the video interview with Richard Cockerill, accessable from the home page, he says that he only has one 2nd Row who is fit, that being Ben Kay.

So perhaps Wentzel isn't fit after all? :smt017
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
silverfish

Post by silverfish »

sam16111986 wrote: Dupuy will probabley start with Ellis being rested if Flood and Hougaard are unavailable as Vesty isn't normally that great a kicker
I don't think Dupuy will start; I think he is still not fit. His leg was strapped up against Bath and it seemed as if he was limping whenever he walked anywhere. Ellis to start and Youngs to come on later is my guess for SH
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

15. Georden Murphy
14. Scott Hamilton
13. Seru Rabeni
12. Dan Hipkiss
11. Johne Murphy
10. Sam Vesty
9. Harry Ellis
1. Marcos Ayerza
2. George Chuter
3. Martin Castrogiovanni
4. Marco Wentzal
5. Ben Kay
6. Tom Croft
7. Lewis Moody
8. Jordan Crane

16. Mefin Davies
17. Dan Cole
18. Craig Newby
19. Ben Woods
20. Julien Dupuy
21. Ayoola Erinle
22. Will Hurrell

This will be the game to bring back players like Moody and Wentzal. Unfortunate on players like Pienaar and Woods but we really do need LM and MW fit for the potential semis and finals.

Other question is how close to fitness are Martin Corry and Matt Smith because we really need them back.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100