Tuilagi cited - date now announced

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Tuilagi cited

Post by Bill W »

Adamspoon wrote: Am i missing something? Being in front of the player who passes the ball does not make you offside surely?.
What you are missing is Law 11

In general play a player is offside if the player is in front of a team mate who is carrying the ball, or in front of a team mate who last played the ball.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tuilagi cited

Post by Adamspoon »

Bill W wrote:
Adamspoon wrote: Am i missing something? Being in front of the player who passes the ball does not make you offside surely?.
What you are missing is Law 11

In general play a player is offside if the player is in front of a team mate who is carrying the ball, or in front of a team mate who last played the ball.
Ok, granted he may technically be in an offside position but he's not interfering with play so he's not liable to penalised.

A player who is in an offside position is liable to penalty only if the
player does one of three things:

• Interferes with play or,
• Moves forward, towards the ball or Fails to comply with the 10-Metre law (law 11.4).
• A player who is in an offside position is not automatically penalised.
• A player who receives an unintentional throw forward is not offside.
• A player can be offside in the in-goal.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Tuilagi cited - date now announced

Post by Bill W »

I think making physical contact with a defender constitutes interfering with play.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

Disagree. Abendenon is entitled to run that dummy line and Tuilagi is entitled to line him up.
As I said, i don't agree with the citing. Tuilagi is clearly watching the ball and preparing to smash Abendenon when he gets it. It's not his fault that the miss pass was thrown but Abendenon hasn't done anything wrong either.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

lets hope for a short ban, Cueto got 2 weeks for a spear tackle....
ashbash

Post by ashbash »

Anything more than 1 week and he misses the HC SF! Don't want that do we. Lets hope that the internal ban counts for something.
soggytiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by soggytiger »

Play him in the GP and quote the precedent of Tincu :smt023 That may encourage the disciplinary system to be looked at!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

ashbash wrote:Anything more than 1 week and he misses the HC SF! Don't want that do we. Lets hope that the internal ban counts for something.
Would need to be a three week ban for him to miss SF. Ban runs from date Tigers suspended him.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
magnerstiger

Post by magnerstiger »

Not sure if this has been discussed in the 7 pages on this thread, but does anyone think that Tigers should change their policy on citing? Seeing as we keep getting well and truly done over at every turn, clubs know that even for the slightest thing they should cite a Tigers player as he will be virtually guarnateed a ban. Any thoughts?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

magnerstiger wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed in the 7 pages on this thread, but does anyone think that Tigers should change their policy on citing? Seeing as we keep getting well and truly done over at every turn, clubs know that even for the slightest thing they should cite a Tigers player as he will be virtually guarnateed a ban. Any thoughts?
It has. On page 6.

dailywaffle wrote:

Bill W wrote:
I also understand (from the same source) that Tigers are reconsidering their policy.

Good. Bill, you know my position on this, and I believe that Tigers' stance neither protects our players nor the interests of the club.

I do indeed daily. And respect it.

I do feel, however, that the game should be played on the field and not in even smoke free committee rooms or judges chambers. I really do like the rule that says "The referee is the sole arbiter of fact". By all means arm the referee with assistants, TMO's, and anything else. And by all means have disciplinaries for those red carded.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Taken from duplicate thread:
tigermad wrote:This could make or break Leicester and their push for silverware this season. Tuilagi will probably get a ban but - how long?

:smt026 :smt026
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Thanks for that tigerbeat and have a good day.

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

One to two weeks.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
ashbash

Post by ashbash »

Bill W wrote:
ashbash wrote:Anything more than 1 week and he misses the HC SF! Don't want that do we. Lets hope that the internal ban counts for something.
Would need to be a three week ban for him to miss SF. Ban runs from date Tigers suspended him.
Surely more than 2 weeks would make him miss the SF as 3 weeks would take him to the Monday after the game on the Sunday?? It was the Monday when Tigers banned him wasn't it?
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

ashbash wrote:
Bill W wrote:
Surely more than 2 weeks would make him miss the SF as 3 weeks would take him to the Monday after the game on the Sunday?? It was the Monday when Tigers banned him wasn't it?
Can they include the week he has already had?
Geordan Murphy for England