Andrew Sheridan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

scuff

Andrew Sheridan

Post by scuff »

this isnt about punch but what happened when he was subbed we were on other side it seemed he got in a arguement with a fan?
seldomrong

Re: Andrew sheridan

Post by seldomrong »

He got berated by a load of us on the terrace and "bit". I dont know what was said as too far away but it was funny :smt037
Tigers are in my blood
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

He was planning on taking on the whole terrace in a match of wits but the other Sale staff realised he was unarmed and dragged him away :smt023
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

surely he took a 'dive' for the sending off didnt he ? i mean fair enough julian hit him on the jaw, but if sheridan goes down for that then i dont fancy his chances playing on the high veldt this summer against the boks. glass jaw......
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:He was planning on taking on the whole terrace in a match of wits but the other Sale staff realised he was unarmed and dragged him away :smt023
absolute cracker, that would have brought a smile to my face if i wasn't still grinning like the cheshire cat after todays result
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Im sorry but what a pussy, Julian got sent off and rightly so, however Sheridan was hopeless after that. Come on the 14 men of Tigers :smt023
simparms

Post by simparms »

chinnjamie wrote:Im sorry but what a pussy, Julian got sent off and rightly so, however Sheridan was hopeless after that. Come on the 14 men of Tigers :smt023

well said mate. He is actually a pussy. Julian White is a legend, much harder that Sheridan, and much more effective. The Lions selectors would do no wrong taking him along with them this summer, and using him to replace Euan Murray and demoralise the Boks. Instead, we are likely to see Useless Vickery do nothing wearing the red shirt. Hope white doesnt get banned, sheridan punched him first. Anyhow, Sale are all but out now surely? Good ridance.
SiMpArMs - Tigers for life
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

What if the Lions take Sheridan ? I bet the boks are bricking it !
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

A 19 stone man going down like that and jumping back up as if on a trampoline.
Total disgrace.
He only needs to add a squeal and he can swap to wendyball.
When I think of the amount of times I've been in punch-ups in my ex job, 'sportsmen' like him make me vomit.

I bet women don't dive like that when they play sport.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Talk about conspiracy theories. How many people can take a straight right to the jaw and still stay on their feet?

Jason White and Deacon went in to seperate it and when Julian threatened to swing again Jason White flinched!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

It looked as though JW was at full arm extension and the blow glanced Sheridans left lower cheek - sorry but no haymaker. I don't think it would have knocked any grown man down ( If he didn't want it to). His head did not jerk backwards he just dropped to his backside with a grin on his face.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

This is mad !...."White is harder than Sheridan" ???!!! This is Rugby Union...you need to be hard, but it's all about turning your aggression into positive play on the pitch, not losing your rag when wound up and hitting the opposition !!

If it was the first time you could put it down to a "seeing red" moment...but it isn't ! It doesn't matter whether Sheridan stayed up, fell over, did a backward roll or started juggling - he was punched - White was sent off - end of story.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

I'm with westwinds on this I must say. White deserved to be sent off; he could have been much more effective if he focussed on getting one over on sheridan in the scrum and in lashing out he put the team under a lot of unneccesary pressure.
However, when it comes to the issue of the ban, there are mitigating circumstances to be taken into account, and Sheridan should certainly get reprimanded for his part to play in it all.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Come on chaps! It's a genuine full blooded fracas between two grown props. No one's granny got murdered. No one even drew blood! Give 'em a b*llocking and get on with the game.

This "tut tut....deserved to get sent off" is a load of twaddle!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

madoqua wrote:A 19 stone man going down like that and jumping back up as if on a trampoline.
Total disgrace.
He only needs to add a squeal and he can swap to wendyball.
When I think of the amount of times I've been in punch-ups in my ex job, 'sportsmen' like him make me vomit.

I bet women don't dive like that when they play sport.
It doesnt take much to be knocked to the floor by a punch to the jaw - and then get backup, the shock of just being punched outright in the face is enough to send alot of men down - someone who boasts of being in so many punch-ups as yourself should surely know this?