Tigers vs Sale

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Sale

Post by mol2 »

Don't blame the ref - he could not have seen the punch by Sheridan - however he did ask the touch judge what he saw who told the ref there was only pushing prior to the White punch.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

mol2 wrote:Don't blame the ref - he could not have seen the punch by Sheridan - however he did ask the touch judge what he saw who told the ref there was only pushing prior to the White punch.
The pack yesterday, to a man (only 7 sadly) were immense. Croft, Woods, Deacon and Castro were absolutely fantastic, they really laid their bodies on the line. Kay, Ayerza and Chuter also had great games. I thought Croft was going off at one point, he was clearly dazed but he got back onto his feet and carried on.

The backs scored all the tries but the pack deserve all the plaudits
Always a Tiger
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Watch the game when I got back from the Cambridge vs Redruth game (poo-faced too) Castro was immense. The 7 man-pack were amazing. Cracking game, going to have to see it sober to really take it all in.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
BrumJim2

Post by BrumJim2 »

WARNING: Post may be construed as being a little over-the-top.....

When I was young, when I used to go and see Tigers play with my Grandpa, and latterly, my father, I remember in my late teenage years looking forward to going to each match. I remember the roar of the crowd, and the way it made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. I remember the full commitment of the tackles that went flying in, and the utter determination that Leicester had to show the opposition that you don't come to Welford Road and win. It just isn't allowed. You can try, but you WILL fail.

Later on, as I got older, wiser, and better travelled, I found out that the roar at Welford Road wasn't quite as all-pervading as I originally thought it was, the dull thud of muscle and bone on bone and muscle becomes less enthralling the more of it you see, and that sometimes Tigers win because they play better, and sometimes they are just lucky.

Yesterday I went to Welford Road for the first time in the 2nd reign of Richard Cockerill. My Grandpa and father are no longer with us; my Mum keeps me company these days. But yesterday I was a teenager again - the crowd was both the 15th and 16th man for Tigers, those on the pitch were never going to let Sale win, and the crunching tackles made me glad I was in the stand, and not on the pitch.

Goodbye Member's Stand; farewell to the Next Stand; and adieu to the old Caterpillar Stand. We have had good and bad times, tears of joy and tears of pain, but you leave me for that great stadium in the sky (or council landfill site) with a very happy memory.

Thanks!!
"And I've been supporting them every year since 1978."
"So you are a fair weather fan, then."
"Yes, I suppose!"