Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Sale

Post by tigermad »

AP Jones

I do believe that the A team play the last game at Welford Raod this season before the old Caterpillar Stand is demolished.

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

That shows two things for me, that this team has a lot of heart and that Sale are not good enough to win the GP. Sale should have won that game but our 14 men and the crowd won it for us.

Have we got any players for the HC 1/4 final....add to the list of the walking wounded Ayerza...Croft took a bang to the head, Ellis is playing with a bandage around his head and Flood had stitiches in a head wound. White won't play again this season....we really are down to the bare bones.
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

Awesome performance today from all the boys. So many stand out players. Castro seemed to be everywhere making tackles.
Big round of applause to an outstanding display of teamwork and pulling together.

P.s I missed Julians punch and he was just in front of me
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Cracking game and the guys showed real guts and determination. Sheridan was taking some incoming from the fans when he came off, did anyone hear what was being said/who started it etc and was it serious?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

The incident with Julian was right in front of us and Sheridan clearly threw the first punch after doing a bit of "gardening" with his left hand.

The contact was minimal and Sheridan went to ground grining all the way ( bit of a Ronald moment) absolute disgrace.

Julian should know better but ........

Also did you see Sherdian squaring up to the Crumbie when he was sub'd - surely a citing must follow.
seldomrong

Post by seldomrong »

I was seriously worried at half-time feeling that their extra man would count in the end and very disappointed at Whitey again not learning his lesson. When will he learn that he is far more destructive in the scrum than sitting in the dugout :smt013

However the rest of the guys were totally immense :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Really funny when Sheridan rose to the bait when he was substituted - always thought he was over rated. Hope he gets cited.

It will be interesting to see if Sale can rally and beat Quins next week
Tigers are in my blood
tiger_tez

Post by tiger_tez »

A fantastic win today, but I can't help but feel that we, as a crowd, let ourselves down today. The constant barracking of the referee's decisions was poor form in my opinion. This isn't soccer, I thought we were better then that.

I'm all for being the "16th man", but I really felt embarrassed today - especially when we booed Wayne Barnes back on the pitch before the second half. :smt009

Maybe it's just me being overly-sensitive, but it left a sour taste in my mouth after a great result. :smt012
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Sorry Tiger Tez but I disagree with at least some of your post. I do agree that we have to be careful not to become a football crowd and I would hope that even after such a poor performance from the ref (IMHO), Wayne Barnes would be safe to walk through the crowd after the game without fear of intimidation. BUT as someone who pays his wages I reserve the right to give feedback on his peformance in the only way I can.

Actually I did really enjoyed listening to the ref link before the second half restart as the Crumbie gave some well mannered advice on how WB could improve his performance in the second half as he walked down the steps.

Just my opinion and only as valid as yours!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

just got home and still in awe of our immense performance. the match v Stade a few seasons ago was spine chilling but this was one of the best performances I can remember for sheer guts and determination.

a must win and we won.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

tiger_tez wrote:A fantastic win today, but I can't help but feel that we, as a crowd, let ourselves down today. The constant barracking of the referee's decisions was poor form in my opinion. This isn't soccer, I thought we were better then that.

I'm all for being the "16th man", but I really felt embarrassed today - especially when we booed Wayne Barnes back on the pitch before the second half. :smt009

Maybe it's just me being overly-sensitive, but it left a sour taste in my mouth after a great result. :smt012
Im sorry but in my opinion your being over sensitive, but as Tyzot said "each to their own". Wayne Barnes was awful and Sheridan did what Ronaldo would do on a football pitch im afraid.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Amazing how we see the game differently. Will White every learn ? Time after time he gives penalties away (for Tigers and England)....forget about what Sheridan did, what about what White did - disgraceful and lucky that it didn't ultimately cost us the game.

I thought Wayne Barnes had a good game, but not as good as Ben Woods, who just gets better and better.
silverfish

Post by silverfish »

it's on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRxLu5i0A4
Looks like a solid punch to me
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Reflink let us hear Barnes telling the TJ etc that he "wanted to see number 1 get off safely..." so the squaring up to the crowd was pretty obvious to him it seems.

Couple of passing comments by Mr Barnes also interesting "sorry, sorry, my fault my fault..." when stopping a good scrum giving the ball to Sale when it should have been ours. and telling Geordan "Yes, but it was an over-reaction on my part..."
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

It has to be said though that the touch judges are equally as culpable for some of the shocking misses, forward passes and offsides are just as much their job to look for but i was amazed how many were missed.
#48 FTW :)
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

Oh yes, the abuse of Sales fans for chanting during our kick was amusing. 'SHUT UP' was heard loud and clear on the tv!
#48 FTW :)