Give Cockers the job.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cockers must get the job

Post by Ian Cant »

What a fantastic job Cockers and his coaches are doing.
The style of rugby Tigers are playing at the moment will have fans rushing to fill the new stadium. Great win yesterday and it could have been by a greater margin. Why on earth is the Tigers' Board interviewing other coaches.? Come on keep it in house and appoint Cockers on Wednesday. Jake White isn't a club coach and if we go for Robinson, well, say no more!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Give Cockers the job.

Post by Ian Cant »

Come on Tigers'Board stop interviewing other candidates. Cockers is a great club coach. Look at his record of leadership, both periods being during international matches.Brilliant. No international coach can cope with injuries,call ups as people like Jake White are used to having a nation to choose from. I don't think even Sarries wanted him.
Cockerill has to be appointed with the present staff and possibly Austin Healey.
Blokes who really want the job and love the club. No more needs to be said.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Give Cockers the job.

Post by Tigersfan90 »

I’ve got not complaints on how the Tigers have been playing this season since Cockers have been in charge, unbeaten in 5 games is pretty impressive. Both the players seem happy and the fans. If we get a new coach they may not have experience of club rugby and most certainly will not know as much about the club as Cockers. If 80 something % of fans want to give him a chance, the board will daft not to.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It will be interesting to see if the board have their collective ears to the ground ,or are they up each others collective backsides?
COCKERS FOR HEAD COACH :smt041
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Posh Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Posh Tiger »

Agree Cockers for job - Have to say Meyer was leading us down wrong path - up the jumper, long kicks - players look liberated
I have to say that 2nd half of season ticket has provided lot more entertainment than first
Even if we don't win a trophy forget foriegn coaches keep job in-house (with Cozza helping)
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I presume the two Petes' read these forums---everyone spoken to wants Cockerill, they would seriously undermine the supporters who are mostly pretty intelligent people,if they went elsewhere.But one assumes they will keep him on his toes till the seasons' end........
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

The thing is, I think they'll be looking for someone who can work with Cockers and O'Connor and leave them doing the same thing, while the newguy handles contracts, player management etc.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I though Simon Cohen already handled that?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Minty

Post by Minty »

We need to keep the Tigers mentality and appoint from within, use our vast experience - Healey, Corry etc.

i appreciate it didnt work with some people as i heard Back didnt seem to suit coaching, at least at tigers under Lofreda.

I get the feeling Greenwood is set to replace Barnes as i havent seen him for a while on Sky so i doubt he'd leave the comfy studio.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

We were playing rugby for fun towards the end of saturdays game. They looked confident and assured Cockerill for coach.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I feel that the board have someone in mind if we don't succeed this season, otherwise they would have sorted the problems out and given COCKERS the full time job by now.

Appease most fans with this appointment as we are enjoying our rugby again.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

barson wrote:I though Simon Cohen already handled that?
He does; and reports to the board on that basis.

I guess TTRITH is referring to a DoR position that would sit between Cockers and Wheeler.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

I thought we'd already agreed this! :smt038
Tigers - true Champions!