Davies targets new deal at Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Davies targets new deal at Tigers

Post by TTRITH »

Leicester hooker Mefin Davies wants to continue playing next season, even though his contract ends in May.
The 36-year-old, who has won back his place in the side, is enjoying his rugby more than ever and wants to carry on in the Premiership.
He told BBC Radio Leicester: "As a player, the main thing is to play and I'm thoroughly enjoying the chance.
"After not playing for a long period of time, it reminds me that I'm still hungry and want to play rugby."
Davies, who signed for the Tigers from Gloucester two years ago, wants to at least carry on for next season.
"Without a shadow of a doubt, I want to play next season," he said. "And the way I feel at the moment I could play the year after as well".
The 37-times capped Welshman moved to Welford Road after three seasons with Gloucester.
His chances have been limited because of the form of Benjamin Kayser and George Chuter.
But Davies will feature in the game against Saracens on Saturday as the Tigers look to continue their four-game unbeaten run to help secure a place in the end-of-season play-offs.
Well, it would mean we'd have four hookers next season. Duffey, Chuter, Davies and Sammons. The only real worry is that Duffey won't be able to hack it in the Prem :smt017
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100