RefLink

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

icemanburt

RefLink

Post by icemanburt »

Am I the only one to have their RefLink totaly fail this season? I changed batteries before the Glaws game & it worked, kinda... I was going to use my RefLink as a radio while I walked my dog tonight. Turned it on and nothing. OK, Maybe it got left on... More new batteries... Still dead... Hmmm not only won't work at WR as a RefLink, won't work at all... What was the £25 for?
Rizzo

Re: RefLink

Post by Rizzo »

Mine's been okay - I have to fight my daughter for it though.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

Mine didn't work at all for the Gloucester game but I was able to get perfect reception on FM, so it wasn't my batteries.
I have found that batteries only last a few weeks and I now take the batteries out completely between matches.
I for one, will not be getting the reflink next season but once it has been established that the system works reliably, then I will try again.
It strikes me that it is a very unprofessional money grabbing setup; trading standards !!!!!!
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

fogba wrote:Mine didn't work at all for the Gloucester game but I was able to get perfect reception on FM, so it wasn't my batteries.
I have found that batteries only last a few weeks and I now take the batteries out completely between matches.
I for one, will not be getting the reflink next season but once it has been established that the system works reliably, then I will try again.
It strikes me that it is a very unprofessional money grabbing setup; trading standards !!!!!!
I've been pretty blunt as regards the reliability issue on previous threads on this subject.

Great idea, let down by shoddy goods. I didn't bother this season after last season's fiasco, and the feedback this year is still no better than mixed. I certainly won't buy again until I hear much better reports on here.
icemanburt

Post by icemanburt »

I have to say that when it works, it is a great addition to the game, especially for someone new to the game. BUT it is such an unreliable expensive radio/toy that I am not very impressed.
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

Icemanburt, have sent you a PM.

Regards

Steve
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Never been tempted to get one, so thanks for the warnings folks. They sound unbelievably unreliable. Cheers! :smt009
Tigers - true Champions!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I had one but not willing to pay the £20 renewal. I now use a dab radio and get Leicester's version of the Morcambe and Wise show - quite entertaining at times, always 1 minute behind the play and calling out the wrong players names.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

I didn't renew either. Previous posts cover the reasons, mixed reception, poor battery life etc.
To be fair, at the price should be universal, any ground where Tigers play.
Will they work for the games at the Walkers?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think the situation for the Walkers games was being discussed and investigated, TV coverage rights or something? Anyway, I'm sure RLinkSteve will confirm one way or another when it's definite.

I can truthfully say I haven't had any problems with mine, I've always got reception where I stand, although on one occasion when I stood further back it didn't pick up as well. The only problem I get is the wind noise across the mic (no, nothing to do with Gate!) which can make it hard to hear. And certain Refs don't actually say much which isn't as interesting (Spreaders was always funny).
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

Mine has been seriously on and of this season, i think i've only had one game where it has worked fully, last season it worked 100% of the time.
Mafi is my man.
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

Ref! Link will be available at the Walkers Stadium for the Guinness Premiership game on 25th April 2009.

The Heineken Cup game should be know in the next few days.
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

There have been a few problems this season.I don;t think I will bother with it next season.
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

ALECW wrote:There have been a few problems this season.I don;t think I will bother with it next season.
Agreed
Mafi is my man.