The hate debate - Gav or Cips?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

The hate debate - Gav or Cips?

Post by maskedsquid »

Ok, hate may be a little strong, but after reading numerous posts in recent weeks I think it's time to ask 'which one do you dislike the most?'

Gavin Henson or Danny Cipriani?

Explanations always welcome.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: The hate debate - Gav or Cips?

Post by Kinoulton »

I've never been slow to take the p... out of Henson, but I do rate him.

I think he's falling into the old Kournikova / Beckham trap whereby their off-field activities are so prominent that people forget they can actually play their game rather well.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

Hmmm. That's a tough one. My "preference" on the dislike front I think would be the one who plays for the insects/pests. Partly because of who he plays for. I know they both have that same air of arrogance which is something I personally don't like, but the Mike Catt story has kind of tipped the balance. I used to dislike Catty a great deal in his early days at Bath, but since I've watched him more and more, and seen his commitment for England and the Lions, I've come to respect and almost like him. In fact, I'd be happy to have him here as a coach. The way he handled himself with the Cipri*ni incident shows his maturity, and the other one's immaturity.
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

Nothing really wrong with Henson, and he's proved time and time again that he's a world class centre. He also has good taste in women (until she opens her mouth and/or insists on 8 kids before 30!).

That said, Danny has good taste in women too :P But then, i dont like the chap at all. So, if Tigers had to sign one of them, it should definately be Henson!
#48 FTW :)
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Difficult choice
1) DC plays for insects 1) GH plays for Oswales
2) DC wears funny hat 2) GH lots of hair gel
3) High profile girlfriend 3) High profile girlfriend
4) Dodgy attitude 4) Orange tint to skin

Overall the insect thing has to carry most weight, so DC by a nose.
Yes, number 3 is largely down to jealousy.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I honestly can't see what anyone sees in GH. If anyone watched the Oswales game vs Perpignan in Perpignan, he was simply useless and looked like he didn't want to be there or couldn't be bothered. Then I tried to remember a game in the last two years when he has looked world-class and I couldn't. I think if he didn't have a high-profile girlfriend, he would be virtually anonimous!

As for Cipriani, he has far more attitude than ability and needs to grow up. He hasn't looked a shade of the potential player he was pre-injury and there has to be a real chance he will fade away into mediocrity.

And neither does the game any credit, neither has the character and honour of a Johnson, Dayglo or even a Sam Vesty. Who needs them, abd god forbid that we ever consider signing either of them.
Always a Tiger
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Having played with one of them alot, Id rather have Henson by miles (PS i grew up in london use your intuition!)
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

Cant stand Cips, attitude stinks and I dont even think he is that good. Dont get me wrong I am not Hensons biggest fan but lets just say if he where to sign for tigers I wouldnt be upset.
Geordan Murphy for England
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I really really dislike both.

One's an arrogant Welshman, the other is an arrogant Englishman. Thats enough reason for me. :smt019
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

The hat has it!!

DC everytime.
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

I wouldn't take either of them on the Lions tour as they will both become the story :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Why does it have to be or? Both :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

One of them has actually achieved something.
The other hasn't (but might).

Probably neither is as good as their reputation. Cipriani certainly has a fundmental flaws in his game that need sorting before he plays internationally.

As for their personal lives & relationships why should we discuss them unless they harm the reputation of our sport. Latterly Henson seems to have knucked down however it sounds like Cips is relying on his team mates to knock some sense into him (so the rumour has it).
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

Henson is arrogant but can play. Cips is arrogant but can play SOMETIMES.

so Cips shades it for me. Being charged down all the time means you need to work on your game before you have the right to be a little cocky.