Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Save Tom Varndell!

Post by Darc Tiger »

SAVE TOMMY V!

Lets see if we can drum up some support for the lad! Hopefully the management will see sense and give the lad a fair shot again!

He clearly still has the open space talent and the hunger for the game, and our new style suits him down to the ground!

He clearly wants to stay, or he would have signed away already.

Please post your support and or slogans and lets all together,

SAVE TOM VARNDELL!
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Save Tom Varndell!

Post by Snorbins »

If he can up his tackle rate and go hunting for work I agree.
he needs another spell away (IMHO) and get his mix right.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Well he showed last season, he is more than capable of making solid tackles and coming infield.

He seems to have dropped off on that front, i believe due to lack of ball, leading to frustration, and lack of gametime, when he did get an appearance.
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by alex_111 »

he needs some game time, if he comes on for 2 minutes not having played for 6 weeks is it any wonder that he misses the odd tackle?
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

I agree with alex, he should be given a full game to try to prove himself at least once before the end of the season, maybe against Bristol perhaps. At the moment though even J.Murphy is struggling to get in the team and he was top try scorer this season, however its not Tigers fault they have so many good wingers :smt002
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Hes needs game time agreed. But not when he could be a liability. A loan period calls.
Oadbywonder

Post by Oadbywonder »

He gets game time with the saxons but its against minows, hes only got one game in his bag running, cant defend no game sense cant kick let him go
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

He can defend, he proved it last season. He is very aware of space and support runners. Showed in sevens that he has no blinkers on. And he can kick better than alot of GP wingers.

SAVE TOMMY V!
chris whelan

Post by chris whelan »

I'm afraid his time passsed some time ago - management have tried, tried and tried to bring him on, but to no avail. He just hasn't got the application at the very highest level. Shame,let Bath have him.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

chris whelan wrote:I'm afraid his time passsed some time ago - management have tried, tried and tried to bring him on, but to no avail. He just hasn't got the application at the very highest level. Shame,let Bath have him.
Lomu and Dayglo seem to think otherwise though. He needs a fair shot against maybe Bris and sarries in the run in.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

'I'm afraid his time passsed some time ago - management have tried, tried and tried to bring him on, but to no avail. He just hasn't got the application at the very highest level. Shame,let Bath have him.'

Sorry chris i dont really think the management have tried and tried to bring him on, hes getting even less bench time than poor old ayoola. I want hi to stay I love seeing him on form, I agree his kicking is better than most gp wingers and people that say he doesnt deliver or put enough effort or heart into must win games are wrong. Harlequins last year for example. Tigers vs Stade francais, vs the scarlets. In the GP final last year (i rewatched it the other day) he looked like the most commited player on the pitch and saved a couple of definite trys too.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We are currently on fire and people want to put this at risk by risking a player who has scored a couple of tries against Kenya in half a game of 7's?We cannot drop a game between now and the summer,put him on the bench and IF we are in need give him a shot,at the moment no-one deserves to step asside to let anyone else in,form is what we need,form in 15 a side.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

jg at the moment I would put the England internationals on the bench when they come back,I am not knocking anyone.Form for christ sakes not our favourites at this point of the season.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.