ok fed up now

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigted

ok fed up now

Post by bigted »

am i the only one who atm is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel? im seeing from england patterns of play that they havnt been able to do in years and the defence in excellent, they are still developing, they are getting better and if they carry on in the vain they will be alot better the next 6N, i truely beleive this. i read all the pundits and it just winds me up when they constantly slag off people
martin johnson for the knighthood!
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: ok fed up now

Post by Crumby »

I too Bigted can see a start of a structure from which England can develop. :smt023
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Bigted agree with you that given time England will get better and MJ is bringing structure in. However as SCW said yesterday at international level you cannot give away penalties in double figures and expect to win. There is no other way to describe Vickery and Care than to say they were moronic idiots.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

International players should never have got that bad in the first place, why do they need teaching not to act like spoilt petulant schoolchildren & get yellow carded, also teaching them schoolboy Rugby basics , it goes on & on.
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

Any more sin bins and they will be the prefect side to play in the '10's tournaments :smt005
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

bigted wrote:am i the only one who atm is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel? im seeing from england patterns of play that they havnt been able to do in years and the defence in excellent, they are still developing, they are getting better and if they carry on in the vain they will be alot better the next 6N, i truely beleive this. i read all the pundits and it just winds me up when they constantly slag off people
I agree its OK for Sir (Martin's knighthood) Clive Woodward to mouth off about England how many did he loose on the bounce before he came good?
I also agree with what Brian Smith was (I think) trying to say, its not that England don't deserve the penalties against them, its the perceived opinion that the other teams aren't being picked up for them.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

Yes, they wiil get better overtime, but will Johno be given thetime or will he be forced out.Regarding the sin bins, neitheR Vickery nor Care seemed to know why they had been bInned. As they were sopposed to have been working on it for 2 weeks I found that somewhat worrying. :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Both sin-binnings were completely idiotic.

The ref to his credit warned Borthwick that the next one who infringed near the try line would be binned and what does Tindall do? Blatently handles the ball whilst off his feet on the floor on the try line.

Then Danny (cretin) Care shoulder charges a guy standing in a ruck ... and achieves exactly nothing but a yellow card.

IMO Johnno has to drop Tindall and Care for the next game as an example to all the rest.
Always a Tiger
Easty

Post by Easty »

Totally agree, there are positive signs every time they play.

I'll also be very interested to see what happens in June (I think) when MJ gets to chose his EPS for next season, it all seemed a bit rushed this time and he didn't really have any chnace to work with them before he named his squad.

As for what Brian Smith said (or was trying) I think he was right, but stupid, why bring even more attention to ourselves. But lets face it, if Danny Care's 'shove' in the back was a yellow card then we better all pack up and go to Stamford Bridge.

It wasn't dangerous so not Red
It wasn't particularly cynical, so not Yellow
It was however very stupid when we know the officials are looking closer, so yes a penalty.

On a slightly different note.......SCW seems to be at our games quite a lot recently, yes I know he's on the board but seems that he's far more prominent at matches (especially away) than he was, maybe it's just because he's being courted to give his opinion on England........or is there more to it?????? let the conspiracies comence
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Bluntiger dont you mean Vickery and Care. Tindall was another game
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Fatonerocks wrote:Bluntiger dont you mean Vickery and Care. Tindall was another game
Sorry, yes I did mean Vickery but there have been so many yellow cards it is easy to mix them up!
Always a Tiger
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well it's OK because Tindall was just as idiotic the match before doing the same thing so we can drop 2 for the price of 1.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

To be fair I thought Tindall had his best game for England in a while. Ellis, Tins, Cueto, Armitage and Goode when he came on didnt do too bad. I think Vickery, Borthwick and Easter need to be replaced but cant see it happening until the new EPS squad in the summer.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

You are right Trundle had a better game but that's not saying much. In fact he managed to do one break where he actually didn't run into anyone for at least 10 metres! I nearly fell off my chair at the time.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Fatonerocks wrote:To be fair I thought Tindall had his best game for England in a while. Ellis, Tins, Cueto, Armitage and Goode when he came on didnt do too bad. I think Vickery, Borthwick and Easter need to be replaced but cant see it happening until the new EPS squad in the summer.
Whilst I understand the views over Vickery and Borthwick, one also needs to ask who their EPS replacements would be? The queue is hardly out of the door. As an aside, I'd also say that Borthwick, whilst an ineffective captain, has given absolutely everything that he can in the last two matches. His effort, if nothing else, has been commendable.

Easter's a little different, in that there is a little more depth in the back row.