Henson When will he learn ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Henson When will he learn ?

Post by seaweed »

You can really see one of rugby great talents throwing it away.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynatio ... -22943015/

An inform Henson would be great for the Lions. Will it happen though ?
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
CoalvilleBob

Re: Henson When will he learn ?

Post by CoalvilleBob »

Lets wait for the facts before we condemn - even if it is Henson.
Albert
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Albert »

CoalvilleBob wrote:Lets wait for the facts before we condemn - even if it is Henson.
Spot on.

If these allegations are true, then the guy deserves a slapped wrist, and I won't try and defend him. In light of many of the comments on here regarding Corry and White's alleged actions, however, I would assume that most people would want to wait to get the facts before condeming him?
CoalvilleBob

Post by CoalvilleBob »

Very silly post BJ. No I'm not suggesting anyone is a liar. Please don't try to put words like that into my mouth. In fact I'm not suggesting anything at all about the incident because we don't have the facts. The only point I would make is that reports that appear in the media sometimes misrepresent what actually happened.
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

One witness mentions filming the incident, I wonder if the footage will surface soon. Sounds like he's just one of those blokes who turns into a complete idiot when he's drunk.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Doesn't sound like any charges were brought so I don't imagine any more "facts" coming to light. I would think however where there is smoke there is at least a bit of fire, especially for Phillips to get on the mic and apologise on Henson's behalf!

After a victory over the English I would have thought that the biggest problem anyone associated with the Welsh camp would have on a night out in Cardiff would be everyone trying to buy them drinks :smt030
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Traditionally rugby and drinking go hand in hand so what's the problem. Is this another tradition being lost in the ELV era? At the same time as condemning Henson for going out we have a thread on a decent pint. :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

This is quite a holistic report of the incident really.

Eye witness reports, mobile phone footage, a public apology.

I'm all for the "innocent until proved guilty" line, but in this case I would say he's about as innocent as OJ Simpson.

Still, nobody died, and I'm sure he'll have got the hair-dryer treatment from Charlotte, which is punishment enough.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Can't imagine the Welsh management being overly happy with an injured player who is supposed to be recovering being out on the lash and making a fool of himself. At least Phillips and Byrne seem to be top blokes and embarrassed by their international and club colleague. I really do have no sympathy for people over the age of 20 that drink beyond their limits, they ruin everyone elses night. I am of course not saying drinking is a bad thing (in fact I condone it) but drinking like an idiot and getting yourself into that kind of mess is stupid.
scrum5
Tiger Cub

Post by scrum5 »

I hope he does go away with the Lions and gets absoloutley smashed by the Boks, that will put some manors into him !
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

BJ. wrote:
CoalvilleBob wrote:Very silly post BJ. No I'm not suggesting anyone is a liar. Please don't try to put words like that into my mouth. In fact I'm not suggesting anything at all about the incident because we don't have the facts. The only point I would make is that reports that appear in the media sometimes misrepresent what actually happened.
My apologies if my earlier comments upset you.

What we do appear to have are reports from three eye witnesses to Henson acting like the proverbial merchant banker. Whilst I fully appreciate the press in general never let the truth get in the way of a good story, I'd be surprised the local one-eyed Welsh rags would besmirch the blessed Gavin unless they had good reason (and evidence) to do so.

I first read your initial comment as you were dismissing the witnesses. Maybe I misread it. :smt039
Although, IIRC, weren't the supposed eye witnesses in the 'Henson drunk on a train' story ultimately shown to be a little elastic with their statements? Or at least the journos' interpretations.
Albert
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Albert »

Personally, I'm more of the Lance Armstrong attitude when it comes to pro sportsmen and alcohol - i.e. none is probably best. I realise that I am out of step with many, who feel that drinking and rugby, and a certain amount of aggro, is par for the course. I remember the Calcutta cup getting smashed up in similar circumstances.

If they have overstepped the mark, then they should be spoken to, and if they've broken the law then they should be dealt with appropriately.

The problem I have at this point in time is it seems that these rumours surfaced on a football messageboard, and one that has a reputation for having an anti rugby stance, so I'll keep my powder dry for the moment.
Albert
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Albert »

BBC carrying the story now, so there does seem to be some basis. It says that the police were called and there was an arrest, but it was not one of the rugby players.
nursy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by nursy »

what has the world of rugby come to??? why do we condemn a group of winning rugby players have a few scoops and a bit of a sing song???? this is the way rugby has been since the invention of the game!! admittedly they get paid and would probably been coiffing champers rather than a few beers. fair play!!!! i'd swap Henson for Mauger any day!!!!