Expansive Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Expansive Tigers

Post by Darc Tiger »

Odd feeling. While im mad that we didnt play well enough to win the game, it was a refreshing 80 minutes from a try scoring perspective.

4 tries today was something I was not expecting. We havent played such an expansive game in MONTHS! Arguably we didnt play brilliantly well but we were much more expansive than we have been doing.

Maybe Cockers is trying to get us rolling in attack. Shows our potential. We just were not used to playing at that tempo and gave away silly penalties.

A few more games like that and we will be back in the game, playing expansive rugby and scoing tries!

Keep it up and we will crack it!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Expansive Tigers

Post by WiggoTiger »

I agree with you darc, maybe cockers is experimenting with the HC 1/4 finals in mind as I feel we will not make the playoffs this year. If we spin the ball wider every game we will win handsomely but we must have the belief to spin it wide.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:I agree with you darc, maybe cockers is experimenting with the HC 1/4 finals in mind as I feel we will not make the playoffs this year. If we spin the ball wider every game we will win handsomely but we must have the belief to spin it wide.
I think Cockers ahs realised we have great potential to play exciting attacking rugby in our backs. I hope we continue to play in todays vein of attack and improve at doing it.

Flood playing in an attacking backline would really show what he can obviously do in attack. Though fair play Vesty, he was pretty good today.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

When Vesty plays he never lets us down and has commitment personified!
I agree we have oustanding potential to play expansive rugby with the likes of TV, Tuilagi, Smith, Rabeni, Hamilton etc........................
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I would like to see a bit more of Youngs whilst Harry is away on international duty. He is fast, lively, has a good pass and always looks dangerous - he wasn't on for long today but we have him to thank for our 2pts.

If we are, hopefully, looking to play more expansive rugby he could be very useful.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Will S wrote:I would like to see a bit more of Youngs whilst Harry is away on international duty. He is fast, lively, has a good pass and always looks dangerous - he wasn't on for long today but we have him to thank for our 2pts.

If we are, hopefully, looking to play more expansive rugby he could be very useful.
I agree with your views here, lets start bringing the youth players on and give them more time. Dupuy can be ponderous at the base of rucks, mauls and the scrum. Youngs has plenty of big game experience and it should be used to good effect.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Youngs did well. But lets give a big round of applause for Vesty also.

I shall start a new thread!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Can anyone tell me why Erinle was the only player not to get on the park.Does he ever get a go?if he's not good enough why have him at the club and why put him on the team bus?I just don't understand what is going on here.He seems to have his fans as some are calling for him to start on here,has he done something bad and is being punished , or did we just get him from Wasps so he wouldn't score against us?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
The Tigress

Post by The Tigress »

I thought we looked more confident today all round and played much less ariel ping pong. Thought Rabeni had a mare of a game though. Mauger good as Captain. Hamilton and Dupey great - much quicker ball today. Shame we lost because generally it felt better. :smt017
Smile-its contagious ;)
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I dont see where Erinle has merited a place in the 22. Obviously the coaches think we ahve better options at centre at the moment, and he hasnt ever really perofrmed for the development team.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

The Tigress wrote:I thought we looked more confident today all round and played much less ariel ping pong. Thought Rabeni had a mare of a game though. Mauger good as Captain. Hamilton and Dupey great - much quicker ball today. Shame we lost because generally it felt better. :smt017
Thats what I thought. Its a a weird feeling.

Just like England losing but everyone being quite happy.
The Tigress

Post by The Tigress »

Yep very much the same feeling as England. we didn't win but we played much better. Mind you I think the ref gave Wales 12 points !!!!!!!!!!! :smt018
Smile-its contagious ;)
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Just like England our silly penalties and a dubious try from them cost us the game. Betsen playing Woods off the ball was brilliant play according to Barnes but a tackle on Cips without the ball and he was calling for a penalty. Great to see us score four tries. But we did butcher the chance when Mauger broke clear.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I think the expansiveness (if there is such a word) comes from us getting over the gain line more. Rabeni and Tuilagi in particular help with this one....over the gain line as we know, usually means quick ball...quick ball = space/gaps !

Still disappointed (are we England in disguise ?) at the amount of penalties that we have given away cheaply. OK, there are times when you have to give away 3 points to stop 7 being scored, but time and time again we are guilty - Kay has been doing this for years...Ayerza today...White in previous matches..Moody. In the past we could give these away and still win, but not now. We're not good enough. It's going to be an almighty scrap to get into Europe, let alone make the play-offs. It pains me to see Gloucester top when (on our day) we are clearly better than them .
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Darc Tiger wrote:I dont see where Erinle has merited a place in the 22. Obviously the coaches think we ahve better options at centre at the moment, and he hasnt ever really perofrmed for the development team.
Thanks for that
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.