New stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

clegg

New stand

Post by clegg »

Going by the lack of postings can I take it that most people are happy paying more for sitting in the the same place in the Caterpiller stand?
The new stand will be seven metres away from the pitch - so much for cozy Welford road!
Tigerbeat

Re: New stand

Post by Tigerbeat »

Under building regs (Health and Safety), the pitch was always going to have to be further from the stands.
Looking forward to seeing the new stand complete and the attendence for Tigers matches increasing.

There must be some fans who have a passion for both City and Tigers but choose to watch City. With games not being allowed to clash with each other, thee may be some of these fans that will take the opportunity to come down to welford Road.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Should I assume that you don't like the new stand?
You can sit in the 'same place', at no extra cost, if you agree to move to the front of the upper tier. Indeed, the option to move closer to the halfway line (at no extra cost) exists for some.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Us in the Crumbie are staying where we is!!

But they is moving the pitch away from us!!!

WE DEMAND A REBATE!!! And new spectacles!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
clegg

Post by clegg »

I think the new stand is progress- and you can't halt progress.
How does moving two thirds further back equate to staying in the same place?
If I want to stay around where I am seated now it's going to cost my wife and I around seventy pounds more each and that's at this seasons rates.
Bill W - I was told today they are not moving the pitch
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Health & Safety regulations now demand that any new or altered/rebuilt stadium has to have room for an ambulance to be driven around the margin of the pitch, therefore it will be further away from the barrier than it is now.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

clegg wrote: Bill W - I was told today they are not moving the pitch
Whoever told you speaks with forked tongue. They are:

1. Widening the run off areas.
2. Making the pitch wider.

OK so not moving it exactly. Just making it further away from me!!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
clegg

Post by clegg »

I think in the end it's going to be further away from us all!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

clegg wrote:I think in the end it's going to be further away from us all!
And me in partucular!!!

I demand a rebate!!!! And new spectacles!!!!

:smt011 :smt011 :smt011

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Bill, your post woke me up with a start - I misread your word "spectacles".....
Valhalla I am coming!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

BelperJon wrote:I'm not paying more having taken the 2-year option on my season ticket. It may cost me more for the 2010-11 season but, with the added facilities and (hopefully) extra space, I won't mind.
Exactly, I too have taken the 2-year option and also taken the opportunity of discussing sight lines with the seating relocation staff (important when you have a junior with you) and have been very pleased with their helpfulness and efficiency. We are now closer to the halfway line than we were before.

Its been quite funny in the existing CAT stand, watching people with their maps and seeing all the frowns and shaking of heads. Its almost as though some would rather we didn't have a new stand at all.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I don't know about the 21st BJ, but I certainly know there was talk about a facility for CAT stand ST holders to key their seat number into the virtual reality facility, and get a virtual view of their position. Not sure, but I think there was talk about this running post-match or as part of one of the members' evenings.

Anyone heard any more on this?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Let's face it Welford Road's capacity isn't enough (although sell outs have been less common this season - reflecting our performance over the last 18 months) and that means a new stand.

The new stand has to comply with current building regulations - it woud not be possible to build a giant Crumbie stand these days.
Most stadia are a bit identi-kit these days which is for a mixture of reasons - building & safety regulations, cost-effective constuction methods and the need to fit in other uses in the space below and behind the seating.

Drive around the country & you see the same stadium - just in different colours & sizes. Sadly acoustics isn't a strong influence & concrete just doesn't make the same impact on the atmosphere as corrugated tin & wood.

That's the price we have to pay for an extra 15000 seats, better facilities and perhaps some world cup games in the future.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Lets feel sorry for all the A and L fans, behind goal post now but not for next season, in line with 5 metre line at Crumbie stand now.................oh dear not next season!! At least in CAt and Crumbie will still have a good view.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

All together now ........

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007