Martin Corry Cited

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mr. Grumpy

Re: Martin Corry Cited

Post by Mr. Grumpy »

Law 10.4 (a) - A player must not punch or strike an opponent

Does this not apply to Gough as well then? We all saw that, although I don't think any of us have gone to the press.
A man does not always need to wear a red nose to be considered a clown
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tigerbeat wrote:Now it is out on the ERC site - I think the incident took place at 49 minutes and 53 seconds at a scrum.
That is where Hibberd indicated the injury.

If anyone has a recording of the game, have a look.
I have and I can tell you that their no 2 appears to have marks around his left eye by the 14 minute.

At a reset scrum in the 49th minute the scrum collapses and he draws attention to his right eye but I cant see any obvious damage.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

well abc if people are small minded enough to start giving hassle during his personal time with his family then they aren't worth squit .... he's been through worse....i only hope that tomorrow morning they are all red faced and embarrased by their actions...
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Holley...you are a disgrace.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

abc wales wrote:
Osperys don't realise the anguish they have put him and his family through FOR NOTHING!!! This really is wrong and he should get a public apology. He should also sue for slander (he won't though - too much of a gent!)
Ospreys absolutely realise the anguish they have caused.

They did it with malice aforethought!

Anyone care to re-examine the Tincu affair?

It was Tincu, it was Tincu, they exclaimed. But was it?

Only they said so.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
neilb

Post by neilb »

Corry, great player put's stain on his career.(if proven) What exactly would possess someone to carry out such a cowardly act. Eye gouging, booing kicker somehow I'll take the latter.
Hope this case is not proven, because over the years he has been a giant amongst and that's coming from a Welshman
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Gate wrote:If it's that scrum, then I recall Corry being exceedingly agitated too; and it wouldn't fit the emotive description "gouging". More like a slap which went wrong, from my admittedly rather patchy recollection. That might account for the multi-choice description.
Just watched it now. The bit you can see just looks like him slapping the side of Hibbards face. The rest of course is hidden from the Sky viewers viewpoint, but who knows what other cameras could see. It would seem very little, but you never know.

As for Holley...

...should've gone to Specsavers. If you can't tell the difference between JW and MC, you've got some issues going on.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

That does sound more like Cozza, Hot Charlie. He has had his red mist issues in the past, and a slap which catches the eye area wouldn't be too surprising. Actual in-the-dark-places gouging would be as out of character for Cozza as for Julian, IMVHO.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

neilb wrote:Corry, great player put's stain on his career.(if proven) What exactly would possess someone to carry out such a cowardly act. Eye gouging, booing kicker somehow I'll take the latter.
Hope this case is not proven, because over the years he has been a giant amongst and that's coming from a Welshman
I note your apologies for the indefensible accusations of your fellow countrymen in publicly accusing Julian.

I note also that you have found Martin guily although the hearing has yet to take place.

And have ascribed whatever action he may or may not have taken as cowardly.

I suggest, Sir, that you withdraw.

You and your countrymens dual standards and indefensible accusations, with respect, bring the game into disrepute.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Fair Play
Tiger Cub

Post by Fair Play »

If Corry is proven guilty he should be ashamed of himself for such
cowardly foul play

Also Cockerill will owe Holley an apology for his we are Leicester rugby team we do not do that kind of thing outburst if it is proved corry did do it

Denis Templeton the citing commissioner looked at 3 incidents and decided to let White off.

I have to laugh at all your lets sue them comments you sound like a bunch of 4 year olds in the playground.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

If it was that incident then it didn't look like gouging so it may well be considered as striking an opponent which is probably fair enough and will result in a ban although I do agree that under those guidelines Gough should have been cited too.
A citizen of hope and glory
abc wales

Post by abc wales »

Fair Play wrote:
I have to laugh at all your lets sue them comments you sound like a bunch of 4 year olds in the playground.

He is linked with that publically and could potentially loose sponsorship deals etc
The anguish him and his family have had to deal with the past 2 days whilst he has been publically accussed etc, etc, etc
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

For what it's worth I've just had a look at the TV recording at various speeds and frame by frame.

The incident, assuming it's at 49 minutes 53 seconds as suggested earlier happens after the scrum collapses. There is a pile of players on the floor. Corry is amongst the pile with his back to the camera. You can see his arms move. You can't see Hibbard's head. As the scrum gets back to it's feet Hibbard fronts up to Corry but there are no blows at that stage and the ref intervenes. Corry and Hibbard had also fronted up in the previous scrum around a minute earlier.

So from that there doesn't seem to be anything conclusive but as has been pointed out there will other camera angles that were not shown on the TV at the time.
Last edited by Tweentown on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
Fair Play
Tiger Cub

Post by Fair Play »

Oh the poor little thing,somebody said something bad about him,diddums.

Get a life and grow up and stop acting like someone accused him of murder
you bunch of children.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

The problem with all this is that he probably is guilty purely because it seems hardly anyone is ever found innocent. I posted elsewhere saying that I saw the moment where Hibbard lost his temper with MC, just before that MC patted him on the head, but before that when they were both on the deck I'm not sure I liked so much what I saw. Nothing definite to me, just arm movements from MC where his hands could be close enough to Hibbard's face.

However, based on current form, is there anyone else out there who's quietly happier that it's MC and not JW who's been cited? I think at this point we could live without our captain more than our prop. :smt003

Still, same goes. If he's done it and it's proven, he deserves whatever punishment he gets, long-standing servant or not.