dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Martin Corry Cited

Post by dailywaffle »

From erc.com:

Martin Corry citing
26 January 2009, 8:55 pm

Martin Corry, the Leicester Tigers lock (No 4), is due to appear before an independent Disciplinary Committee as a result of a citing arising from the Round 6 Heineken Cup Pool 3 match against the Ospreys at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, 24 January, 2009.
The citing lodged by the Citing Commissioner for the match, Denis Templeton (Ireland), is for an alleged strike / contact with the eye / eye area of Ospreys player Matthew Hibbard (No 2) in contravention of Law 10.4 (a) and 10.4 (k).

The independent Disciplinary Committee will be appointed as soon as practicable.

Law 10.4 (a) - A player must not punch or strike an opponent
Law 10.4 (k) - Acts contrary to good sportsmanship.

There are no other citings from this game.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Martin Corry Cited

Post by TTRITH »

That I was not expecting...
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Incredible !
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

just seen this dw so here we go again, not one citing again for their players...

lets hope that Julian White has rung his solicitors and is now considering a slander and defammation of character suit against osprey big mouth coaches.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Now it is out on the ERC site - I think the incident took place at 49 minutes and 53 seconds at a scrum.
That is where Hibberd indicated the injury.

If anyone has a recording of the game, have a look.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

So perhaps the Ospreys coach and co would like to withdraw their allegations and accusations of Julian White in the same media frenzied public manner in which they were made?

Should I hold my breath? :smt012

I can't recall anything of that ilk which Cozza did, but then I am not a citing officer. (Or an Ospreys coach - thankfully!)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

Agree, White should sue lol
Mafi is my man.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Let the silks now gather.

Holley and his assistant can be sued for libel by both Tigers and Julian White. (They will not of course!)

Since Holley is on public record as saying it was White who gouged, Corry has no case to answer.

Holley is also open to a (criminal) charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

ERC also had better walk carefully. Malfeasance also carries rather heavy penalties.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Sean Holley needs to apologise to Julian White.

If Cozza is found guilty, he also owes Jules an apology as he would have commited the act that dragged Julians name through the dirt.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Tigerbeat wrote:Now it is out on the ERC site - I think the incident took place at 49 minutes and 53 seconds at a scrum.
That is where Hibberd indicated the injury.

If anyone has a recording of the game, have a look.
I actually watched it earlier today, and you can see 'something' between Corry and Hibbard. At the time Barnes mentioned Kayser, but it was clearly Corry who was likely to be in trouble.

Have to say that, having seen it, it deserves further investigation.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

If it's that scrum, then I recall Corry being exceedingly agitated too; and it wouldn't fit the emotive description "gouging". More like a slap which went wrong, from my admittedly rather patchy recollection. That might account for the multi-choice description.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Well, I can tell you what I saw ... but I'm not sure if the mods would be happy with too much clarity.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I think it is best left for the disciplinary panel to investigate and for the Club to take any action.
Let them see it for themselves. They have brought the citing and have it to investigate.
Speculation on what may have happened may harm the inquiry as we do not have the full range of pictures that they have.

Best wait until it is over and a decision has been made.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

TTRITH wrote:Sean Holley needs to apologise to Julian White.

OPEN MEMO TO SEAN HOLLEY

You should make an immediate donation of £1M to the Matt Hampson Trust and apologise publicly to Julian.

Otherwise it will be clear to all what a despicable person you are.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
abc wales

Post by abc wales »

JW doesn't go out to Portugal until Weds and I know that it was really difficult for him today when he picked his daughter up from nursery as people were commenting on his 'actions'.
Osperys don't realise the anguish they have put him and his family through FOR NOTHING!!! This really is wrong and he should get a public apology. He should also sue for slander (he won't though - too much of a gent!)