Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Post by TTRITH »

welshy3 wrote:Well all I will say is if you have a finger in your eye, unless you grab the chaps hand..it's almost impossible to tell who did it. Holley's statement is therefor almost forgivable and justified, as the act of trying to gouge somones eyes causes this confusion. It is probably why it sti goes on in the game..it is that type of sneaky assault. Hibbard probably honestly genuinely thought it was White and not Corry, until he saw the tape...and lets be honest If it were one or other no one would have ever imagined it was corry, simple because white is a front rower and god knows what that lot get up to.
Moral of the story is don't gouge or chances are your teammates will get the blame.

(ps...I honestly and genuinely hope corry is innocent and it was all some sort of accident).
Holley's statement is not forgivable or justified. If he came out and said that his player was gouged by an unnamed player and will be refering it to the Citing Officer. The fact is he came out and said it WAS Julian White, and that he deserved to be cited. Dragged an innocent man's name through the mud which IMO is never justified, but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

welshy3 wrote:because white is a front rower and god knows what that lot get up to.
Its is nigh on impossible to gouge from the front row - both hands are involved in binding at it is painfully clear if you're not doing that
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

TTRITH wrote:
welshy3 wrote:Well all I will say is if you have a finger in your eye, unless you grab the chaps hand..it's almost impossible to tell who did it. Holley's statement is therefor almost forgivable and justified, as the act of trying to gouge somones eyes causes this confusion. It is probably why it sti goes on in the game..it is that type of sneaky assault. Hibbard probably honestly genuinely thought it was White and not Corry, until he saw the tape...and lets be honest If it were one or other no one would have ever imagined it was corry, simple because white is a front rower and god knows what that lot get up to.
Moral of the story is don't gouge or chances are your teammates will get the blame.

(ps...I honestly and genuinely hope corry is innocent and it was all some sort of accident).
Holley's statement is not forgivable or justified. If he came out and said that his player was gouged by an unnamed player and will be refering it to the Citing Officer. The fact is he came out and said it WAS Julian White, and that he deserved to be cited. Dragged an innocent man's name through the mud which IMO is never justified, but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Whites name was dragged through the mud by the perpetrator - who would have known there could be either confusion and mistakes and a storm about it. Gouging sucks more than some half blinded angry fella getting the wrong guy.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Why is it always Ospreys that have people gauging them? WR game, Perpignan, Liberty etc. Seems an inconvenient coincidence?
Always a Tiger
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

If you read the Telegraph article (link on Martin Corry thread) it shows that Julien is acting with great dignity which is more than i can say for the Ospreys and their management. Even the apology is insulting to Julien and is finding him guilty of gouging in a previous game without being charged or allowed to defend himself. I hope Munster stuff them in the Q/F
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

According to the Daily Mail the club are considering sueing the Ospreys on Julian's behalf........and so they should.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... claim.html
Simmo