Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Post by G.K »

Oh yes and what Moon Landings?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Reported on the BBC website:

"The evidence is quite clear. I think we have a duty to eradicate this from our game. If it warrants a citing, we will certainly do it this time." from Mr. Holley.

I was heretofore of the understanding that in HC games only the Citing Commissioner could cite. Mr. Holley can make representation to the citing commissioner and the referee.

Clearly I am wrong and following the disasterous Tincu affair Mr. Holley has been vested with super powers by the IRB.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

g wrote:jgriffin

I frankly don't care what you think of my post

For a person who doesn't care what people think of her posts, you do an awful lot of saying you don't care.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

gkb...the moon landings took place in a Hollywood studio...everyone knows that ! :smt006
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

We all know that Whitey can put it about a bit when the red veil descends but I don't for one minute think that he would resort to such foul play? I'm sure that he, as on other occasions, would just dish out the odd punch or two when things get out of hand. I am convinced that it is a welsh ploy to discredit Whitey before the 6Ns as they fear the tight-head battle may be over before it has started. I have not seen yesterdays game yet but I understand that Whitey had yet another good game - if this is the case then why would he resort to such tactics? Just as he upset Horan at Thomond Park in the scrummage, he just backed off and smiled.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

westwinds - well you learn something every day - I never knew Hollywood was on the Moon. No wonder they turn out so much rubbish with those difficult working conditions.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Pam.B wrote:Statement from the Club:

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/12854.php
So Jules pleads not guilty. Ospreys say he is guilty prior to viewing evidence.

Who brought this sad and sorry affair into the public domain?

Ospreys coach shot his mouth off to Sky that's who.

He should be publicly and ignominously censured IMHO. By ERC, by WRU and by IRB. He is gonna get sacked anyway - that other loudmouth Edwards is to get his job.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Ospreys will examine television footage before deciding whether to cite the England international.

"Apparently, there is some footage," said Ospreys head coach Sean Holley.

"The evidence is quite clear. I think we have a duty to eradicate this from our game. If it warrants a citing, we will certainly do it this time."

=========================
....the above from the BBC Sport website...and very odd. How can Holley claim that "the evidence is quite clear, when "apparently there is some footage" ?
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

....is that the feint sound of someone clutching at straws I can hear over there?

To be perfectly honest - I don't have a problem with Tigers players being punished for foul play if they are guilty - as well they should be. It's the eye-wateringly inconsistent rulings that are handed down afterwards that really, really, really hack me off.

Still if Whitey does cop a ban i'm sure we could pick up a handy-yet-ineligilbe-for-this-competition prop to play in the latter rounds. What's that fella Tincu doing now Perpignan are out? :smt002
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
TigerMuz

Post by TigerMuz »

Anyone know how long Whitey faces out if the Ospreys get their way?
Could do without ANOTHER player missing!

Laughing at people slipping on the treacherous Crumbie Stand steps since 2004
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

TigerMuz wrote:Anyone know how long Whitey faces out if the Ospreys get their way?
Could do without ANOTHER player missing!
24+ weeks.

However the panel will possibly be mindful of the Tincu case.

My guess would be that unless the TV footage shows direct evidence that Jules did it the citing commissioner will not cite. That then prevents further bad publicity unless Ospreys continue to shoot their mouths off. If they do so IRB might get excited.

IMHO Ospreys have a prima facie case to answer for repeatedly bringing the game into disrepute. WRU should take action.

They will not of course.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

I can't imagine why Whitey would wan't to do such a thing, especially given that he was handing his opposite number his own a*se back to him on a plate after every scrummage!

The fact that the Ospreys coach wishes to bleat to the media after every big game is shameful. This should be left to the citing officer - it's his job to act on this; not to be pushed into the hands of the media before any evidence has been produced.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well said Gibbo12.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

westwinds31 wrote:Ospreys will examine television footage before deciding whether to cite the England international.

"Apparently, there is some footage," said Ospreys head coach Sean Holley.

"The evidence is quite clear. I think we have a duty to eradicate this from our game. If it warrants a citing, we will certainly do it this time."

=========================
....the above from the BBC Sport website...and very odd. How can Holley claim that "the evidence is quite clear, when "apparently there is some footage" ?
I agree maybe a poor choice of words or backpedalling?