Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

A bit of a bubble

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

...care of Bristol university.
I came across this article in my search for postgraduate university options, and as a fullback found it utterly offensive!

http://www.ubrfc.co.uk/?cpage=fru
roysboys

Re: A bit of a bubble

Post by roysboys »

Or how about the Jack Nicholson view (to be read in the style of his court speech in A Few Good Men):

"Son, in this world there are scrums, and in those scrums you need PROPS. Are you willing to do it? As a prop, I have greater responsibility than you can ever fathom. You use words like drunk and out of shape. Those words are the very back bone of a life I have spent drinking and partying in, and you use them as a punch line.

You weep for your wings and centers and curse the prop forward. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of knowing that the front row, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins these games you play. Truth? You can't handle the truth, cause deep down in places you don't talk about in your selection meetings, you want me in that scrum, you need me in that scrum.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a back that scores under the very blanket of ball retention that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just bought me a beer and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you crawl into a scrum and get dirty, either way, I don't give a damn who you think is responsible."

:smt002
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Excellent stuff, roysboys. :smt005
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

roysboys wrote:Or how about the Jack Nicholson view (to be read in the style of his court speech in A Few Good Men):

"Son, in this world there are scrums, and in those scrums you need PROPS. Are you willing to do it? As a prop, I have greater responsibility than you can ever fathom. You use words like drunk and out of shape. Those words are the very back bone of a life I have spent drinking and partying in, and you use them as a punch line.

You weep for your wings and centers and curse the prop forward. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of knowing that the front row, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins these games you play. Truth? You can't handle the truth, cause deep down in places you don't talk about in your selection meetings, you want me in that scrum, you need me in that scrum.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a back that scores under the very blanket of ball retention that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just bought me a beer and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you crawl into a scrum and get dirty, either way, I don't give a damn who you think is responsible."

:smt002
Only one question. Did you order the code red?
Always a Tiger
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

It's a fitting description of our sport and how a team player ranks within a matchday squad in it's correct thinking of the value of positions. ( PROPS RULE! ) :smt027 :smt040
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Flawless conclusion there Tyler....wholeheartedly agree!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

are you kidding me- is this place just full of props???
maybe I should learn to fit in, next time I'm shopping I'll remember to get kegloads of booze and crates of 'Rustler' burgers!
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Well us props do recognise the value of backs - they're a reliable food source if nothing else.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

I can touch type as well! At a decent speed too!
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

I can touch type as well! At a decent speed too!
Thats just freaky. I suspect you may have been a closet inside centre :smt018
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

I should point out that I do have a special large print keyboard that means i can type by just hammering my fists onto the relevant keys.

Adamv6 - i have killed men for lesser insults!! :smt002
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

BelperJon wrote:
Skin_and_Muscle wrote:are you kidding me- is this place just full of props?
Nope, retired blindside here. However, I do find it slightly worrying so many props have learnt how to use computers.
Well obviously on here we get the cream of the crop. Or cream of the props.

For every intellectual ex-prop on here, there are hundreds more out there driving tractors and rolling them into ditches.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Kinoulton wrote:
For every intellectual ex-prop on here, there are hundreds more out there driving tractors and rolling them into ditches.
That is about 2 rolled tractors then?

:smt026
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Kinny - Maybe you want to have a word with Jules about that since he's now a farmer boy?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Oh dear I played all the positions in the scrum except hooker,no hope for me then..............................
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.