What changes will Johnno make to the squad tomorrow?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Sorry I started this and then found it was in the chit chat not the forum :smt017

As Johnno can make changes to his squad tomorrow, having seen Barnes & co on the rugbyclub give their opinions, I wondered what you the experts thought? ;)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Antony D

Re: What changes will Johnno make to the squad tomorrow?

Post by Antony D »

For us I'm not sure Flood is in strong enough form to make England 10 - for me Croft, Moody, Crane should be in as well as Chuter - Danny H still injured, not sure Ellis will be back - at least to match fitness?

Then Whitey has been playing his socks off!

After Saturday Foden deserives a go - few injuries going into six Nations what will he do about Cipriani :smt017 I would also look at Hodgeson and Cueato (not sure thats correct spelling)
Antony

I cook with Wine, sometimes I even put it in the food!
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

Didn't see the rugby club but i recon Croft and Moody should make the squad. Not sure that Crane will, he's not had much game time recently and Easter has been playing well (he's not injured is he?). There's definitely going to be a lot of competition for the back row places. Stefon Armitage could be in the frame as cover now that Reese is out injured.
I would be tempted to pick Geraghty as cover for fly half and centre as he seems to be coming back into some good form.
Foden should be in, and i'd also like to see Turner-Hall get a run.
Second row is our real problem area, what with injury and a general lack of decent locks. Ben Kay might even be in with a shout there.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I don't think any Wasps players should be in as they are not exactly setting the world alight are they?

Neither for that matter are Tigers. But hey ho, the majority of the 32 will include players from? You've guessed it Wasps and Tigers.
boon

Post by boon »

as i understand it though, jgriffin, the club - country agreement only allows johnson to make 5 changes on form. anything else has to be alike for like injury replacement.

so which 5?

(p.s - hartleys in the eps anyway, just spent most of the autumn on the bench behind mears)
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

boon wrote:as i understand it though, jgriffin, the club - country agreement only allows johnson to make 5 changes on form. anything else has to be alike for like injury replacement.
Although it would appear that exchanging an allegedly out-of-form hooker or scrum half (for example) for an allegedly in-form flanker is not a problem. The agreement has plenty of elasticity.