7s tournamenet

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stereofoney

7s tournamenet

Post by stereofoney »

Hi all. I've given up on watching the game today so thought I'd do something constructive instead.

The Ruck Over Rugby charity 7s tournament will be taking place in Brighton over the weekend of 30th and 31st May 2009.
This is the second year the event will be taking place, and is raising money for two gret charities - Passingiton and Breakthrough Breastcancer.

We are now taking applications for one of the 32 teams. Although the website (www.ruckoverrugby.org.uk) is still under construction, we expect team slots will be taken up pretty quickly.
The emphasis on this tournament is raising money for the charities, a competitive tournament with some good quality opposition and some considerable (good) surprises, all being well.
There will of course be beer, music, fancy dress, rediculous accusations of cheating and cheap shots and something for all the family - including some kids touch rugby, a womens match, competitions and prizes. If you would like any more information/an application pack, email [email protected].

We are also trying to organise for some recognisable figures to be present. We hopefully already have some prem referees(!) willing to take charge of the games. As well as that, we want to get some players down - if anyone knows any Tigers, past or present, who would like to take part, enter a team, just make an appearance or be present at the dinner, get in touch. We hope to have a couple of Gloucester players coming down (although it might be too far for Mike Tindall to walk!), and possible a few from other clubs.

As modern life dictates, we also have a Facebook group - please join up and support these gret causes.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=2 ... 4596499226
or just search 'ruck over rugby' in the box.

Feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you have any questions or would like an entry form

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Kev