Replacements:
16 Benjamin Kayser
17 Martin Castrogiovanni
18 Martin Corry
19 Craig Newby
20 Ben Youngs
21 Sam Vesty
22 Scott Hamilton

Only major surprise for me is no Lewis Moody in sight! The web site says he is being rested having played the last 9 games.
Always a Tiger
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Team for Stains

Post by Tyler »

That's the side to do a job, with poacher Herring,who needs Moodos? Let battle commence (please no kicking, keep the pill)! :smt040 :smt041

KEEPING THE FAITH :smt077 !
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Not too many surprises after the brusing encounter with Bath last weekend and two Heineken Cup games coming up. Rabeni was always likely to start at 13 with the injury to Hipkiss and he made a good impression against Bath while Flood comes in for Hougaard who looked to have sustained an injury at the end of the Bath game. Anything is possible in this game and Leicester can win it.

LEICESTER TIGERS - WORLD CLASS
Philip J Gray
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

The saints side

15 Ben Foden
14 Paul Diggin
13 Jon Clarke
12 James Downey
11 Sean Lamont
10 Stephen Myler
9 Lee Dickson
1 Tom Smith
2 Dylan Hartley
3 Euan Murray
4 Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe (capt)
5 Juandre Kruger
6 Mark Easter
7 Scott Gray
8 Mark Hopley

Replacements
16 Paul Shields
17 Soane Tonga’uiha
18 Christian Day
19 Courtney Lawes
20 Bruce Reihana
21 Carlos Spencer
22 Chris Mayor
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

Good looking lineup. I'd probably be tempted to try Scott in place of Johnne as I thought JM was rather quiet in the last match.

Good to see Seru back in as well - he had a great 20 minutes last week. Shame Moody's been rested, but that has to be good for his body after putting himself about so much lately. Herring is a good replacement to have, as well.

But the best thing, IMO, is that Mauger is captain again. With Corry not starting this does seem to suggest who is Cockers' favoured replacement to lead the team out. Good stuff.

With this good team, I am trying to keep the faith but a fairly sizeable part of me is secretly fearful...
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Although im completely happy with the team, and believe it should be good enough to get a result if we can perform like we did in the last 20 minutes last week. Im a little gutted Erinle hasn't been given a spot on the bench, but hey each to their own. Come on Tigers. :smt023
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

No Varndell. I thought Alex T might get on to the bench. I'd take either over Vesty.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

voice of the crumbie wrote:No Varndell. I thought Alex T might get on to the bench. I'd take either over Vesty.
Agreed. Although I believe Alex came off in the A game with a calf strain. Plus I thought Erinle would have been in with a shout. :smt026
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

A strong looking team for what will be a very tough game. I would have expected both Newby and Hamilton to start, but it's good to see them on a strong bench.
No Ayerza again - is he crocked?

Let's hope we start with the spirit and mentality of the last 20 minutes of the Bath game and keep it going.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Ayerza has a hand injury and will be out for a few (4?) weeks.
Always a Tiger
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

jgriffin wrote:This is the last time I will be satisfied with the current set-up if we have another foozle like the last xxxxxx number of games. I hope we have a good 80 mins showing, not a rubbish 60 and a desperate last 20. The lack of game time for Erinle and Varndell plus starting without Hamilton (IMO a standout acquisition) and the philosophy behind it, are running low on credibility (e.g. favouring utility players like Vesty, Smith etc). Satins will be a tough tough match where we need to take every chance - something the current set-up has been awful at doing. If we win or draw, we will have turned the corner towards GP playoffs.

"The lack of game time for Erinle and Varndell plus starting without Hamilton (IMO a standout acquisition) and the philosophy behind it, are running low on credibility "

Really????? I shant rant, but I cant understand this whole "why isnt Varndell playing" thing, he has been nothing short of useless the whole of this season. I also wont go into each individual reason as to why as I have neither the time nor the heart to coupe with the blood pressure rise I have whilst talking about it. His total lack of commitment to the tackle, game, ball is crazy, surprised he still gets mentioned at all!
Geordan Murphy for England