Perpignan Crowd

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Arvski

Perpignan Crowd

Post by Arvski »

Was it just me or was anyone else infuriated by the home crowd boo'ing/ whistling during Floods kicks.

This seems to be a trend with French teams!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Perpignan Crowd

Post by maskedsquid »

Arvski wrote:Was it just me or was anyone else infuriated by the home crowd boo'ing/ whistling during Floods kicks.

This seems to be a trend with French teams!
Why on earth would you be infuriated by that? Don't you realise this happens at almost every French stadium, as well as a number of grounds outside of a very select few? They even whistle during their own efforts!
So what if they make some noise during kicks? If that really puts a player off his game then he clearly does not have the mentality to be a top class player anyway.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

It's just what they do. I don't find it disrespectful per se, it's just their culture, what they do.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

I am still shocked by our untimely demise at Quins' Stoop stadium but I can gladly reply : there is ONE stadium in France where you don't here a boo during penalty kicks, it is our old and crumbling Stade Jean Bouin, home of the Stade Français.

When games are moved to the much larger Stade de France, here we go again, everyone hisses and boos.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

OK.. Maybe i do need to get out more! But I wouldn't do it personally. Anyway, its not like it made a difference to Flood. He slotted some great kicks!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well I'm with Arvski.

Saying "it's what they do" is like forgiving Take That for singing utterly abominably cr*p music. "Hey! It's what they do!"

Maybe we forgive the Nazis for gassing people. It's their culture!

The important thing is that the Welford Road crowd keeps its high standards and shows respect for opposing kickers. The ignorant frogs can take note.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Does it bother me? No and I doubt it would bother the players either but rather I find it just shows up the crowd as being lacking in class, ignorant and disrespectful to the opposition. You can see which grounds are worse, which rather proves the point.
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

Apart from WF and Thomond Park, I have not noticed any other grounds where there is silence.

I have often thought it is more intimidating for the kicker!!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Well yeah, it kind of is like saying "it's what Take That do" (the Nazi bit of the analogy might be stretching it too far).

The French have Horse on the menu, but we wouldn't dream of eating horse even though there is nothing wrong with it.

We wouldn't dream of booing, but it is part and parcel of many rugby stadiums makeup. It doesn't harm anyone and shouldn't put anyone off.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
jools43
Tiger Cub

Post by jools43 »

I agree, in many ways silence is worse as it accentuates the fact everyone in the stadium is looking at you!

There is nothing wrong with making noise if silence isn't the done thing at a ground, but I would agree that booing teams onto the field is poor form. During kicks is to be expected at most grounds as it acts as the 16th man - the whole point of home fixtures.
Tigers are beautiful but lethal creatures, Wasps are just pointless and annoying
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

Godwin's Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

[/quote]
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

RayDTuTu wrote:
Godwin's Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
[/quote]

The idea that mentioning Nazis in a thread means the poster in question has 'lost' the argument is a joke. This is another example of people being overly sensitive.
(Sorry to go off topic.)
It's only cheating if you get caught.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Although i dont like to hear all the booing, its not going to stop me going to watch the away matches. We can expect it all over again down at the liberty stadium. :smt013
billybudd
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by billybudd »

Why are so many Tigers fans so up their own a##s?

So we keep quiet whilst people take their kicks, what about it? It may not be the same when the ground is expanded, and in come the soccer fans and other non rugby types, what happens then? Will the stewards ask you to leave? I think it's nice that we do it, but get over yourselves.

And best of all, "they have no class" who the hell do you think you are, Mr Darcy??