The carter show

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

The carter show

Post by champanzie »

if i didnt look closely today i would of thought there was only one player on the pitch today. all the advertisement on him and the tv coverage on him today just played the game down ok carter is a good player but he was not amazing. i think flood played equally as good
Come on you tigers!
rufcut

Post by rufcut »

yeah I wondered if i was watching some sort of fan club event-especially strange as 1 of the sycophants was Will Greenwood :smt016 :smt016 :smt016
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Fully agree, it spoiled the match on TV for me.

Flood played better IMO.

Had perpignan conceded as many kickable penalites as we did (or had we conceded fewer than we stupidly did) we would've won, but no doubt it would've still been the All Black tinted spectacles on.

We had our own ABs who played well, AMs runs and handling and SHs try were outstanding IMO.

The 'C word' is already being over-used by our wonderful media to the detriment of the other 21 players on the pitch, and this has been commented on on several of the other threads running.

By 'C word' I mean his surname - NOTHING RUDE - just fed up of hearing it so much today already that I've boycotted my own use of it.

Nearly as bad as hearing about the (so far (IMO)) under achieving, much vaunted, media machine that is Crapiani (Oh look another annoying 'C-word'!!!)

But in the case of today's 'C-word'....he is a proven fantastic player and from what little I've seen of him, he doesn't really court the publicity he receives, just the media doing their thing AGAIN!!! so can't really blame him.

Will greenwood was especially sickly, just glad the dwarf wasn't commentating on our game, that REALLY would've been unbearable!! :smt002

Rant over.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Its funny you said that because my TV went on mute for a while in the second half because i was getting that fed up of it. Maybe Harry Ellis had been watching the tv too and thats why he took offence to Carter :smt005 just a thought
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

But even playing with a team he dosnt know and who dont no how to run off him look at how he controille dthe game! What a player one of the gretest the game has ever seen.

Flood played well but Carter at 70% is better than anyone else at 100% he oozes class and quite rightly deserves all the praise. I am sure if he was in a Tigers shirt you would all be going mad about him.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mat

My points were that the media hype was/is annoying, don't think I said anything detrimental to the C-word.

If he were wearing a tigers shirt then yes of course I'd be more excited, but I'd also be just as bored and critical of the media's sycophantic pre and during match antics!!

I think I stated he is a proven quality player and he's not to blame, yes pundits get excited about seeing him play, but there's only so much you can take.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
billybudd
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by billybudd »

I don't think he was that good! Some of his passing was effective and slick, but Tigers were absolutely woeful, a total lack of ideas or energy.

I hate to repeat an earlier thread of some time ago, but Martin Corry cannot cut the mustard at this level.He is fine in the GP, but against top class European players he looks his age, and if we have serious ambitions I think he should start to miss a few matches to keep his body working.

Overall, I think the rsult flatters us, a win would have been great, but I think we got what we deserved given the lack of possesion , and lack of ideas when we did have it. Floods kicking out of hand, rubbish, and it was last week too, and his tackling looked weak and ineffective, the search go's on!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Perhaps I should add the C-word (as in the name of the Perpignan player) to the censor list? :smt005
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

jgriffin wrote:
"It must be the young things that believe the hype"

I'm young and don't believe the hype! :smt016
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

In an era when hype is usually heaped upon people like Jordan, Lily Allen and Jade Goodey, all of whom serve no function to the human race and should be skinned alive for our personal enjoyment, it is a pleasure to see some adulation being poured on a man like Carter who actually has talent, endeavour and humility.

Yes, it was a bit OTT from Sky, but their job is to get bums on couches. They were always going to big-up the game.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Speaking of those who supposedly serve no function for the human race, did anyone else admire the Perpignan cheer leaders.

Close inspection revealed they were very cold.

:smt002 :smt002 :smt002
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
eve stephenson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by eve stephenson »

I personally think it's just normal that the media are making such a fuss of him...I mean, it was his first match in the Hineken cup!I'm sure he won't receive so much attention in the next games(well I hope so, because otherwise it would be a bit too much), but for now why should we be so critical? He completely deserves the praises he gets and he proved it on Saturday.
Rizzo

Re: The carter show

Post by Rizzo »

To be fair to Mr Censored, it's hardly his fault if the benighted media inflate his profile and hail him as the world's perfect player.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: The carter show

Post by Big Dai »

"I was very thankful that I wasn't hurt. It was pretty scary up there and I had no control over how I was going to land.

"I am very relieved to be injury-free," added Carter, who is on a six-month contract with Perpignan worth a reported £30-£35 000 per match.

You bet your brushing Aunt Phoebe he's glad he's not hurt! It's a man's game Dan and you're gonna get worse than this in France!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"